+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Company Name Field Priority

Company Name Field Priority

I don't know if this should be a request or it is an oversight

Ok, let me see if I can be as clear as possible

There are 3 fields/columns in flynax software/database.

1. company_name
    2. First_Name
    3. Last_Name

The way the company_name field is used I think is incorrect. It is being used as an ordinary data field with no precedence.

If a user decides to utilize the company_name fields it must take precedence over First_Name and Last_Name.

Example User register ->

Company Name: JG Enterprise
    First Name: John
    Last Name: Gregory

In the software and Both Apps... The First Name and Last Name are being shown hence I must submit Ticket/Mod/Help to have the company name as priority.

As I said I think Company Name should precede all if this fields is utilize so hence I am asking in the next version to please have this fix.

This is one field name that has exception.

if Company Name Show -> Company Name
    elseif First Name || Last Name Show -> First Name Last Name
    else Show -> Username

etc..........

Can this be a standard in next version?

Hello Errol,

Will be better if you create a ticket for that. Because now on all site account information adapted for First and Last name or Username.

I am not sure to include this functional in the next version of the Flynax or not but I will discuss about it with our developers.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Errol View Post
    I don't know if this should be a request or it is an oversight

Can this be a standard in next version?
    ? Errol I may also be wrong but there is nothing wrong with the way it works ? (unless we have different versions or something)

Your name will replace your user name if it used so that sounds ok

with the first name last name thingo just hide last name and then rename first name to just name (if you wish to make it more simple and easy to use)

The company name can be left blank and its left out of the users details all together which is what should happen if people are just using the site as a casual or as a private person, if the person is a business they can list the business name and that still works a bit like

John & Mary Smith
    Whiz Bang Promotions

I think once you see how it all works you will see it works fine as it is and the user has many flexible options on how they set up their profile.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbfIlFXnM6

and one more I forgot to record adding company name as user name

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbfIIuXnNW
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 13, 2017 at 01:31 PM.

I see your Point... What if I have a company page that take only Company Name Field

No First Name or no Last Name...

My result is -> it shows the username???

Ok i see your vision in the design

If John Brown from CXP company register and make a post, the post will show John Brown name and he is from cxp company.

In your case if a create a page for company using First Name, Last Name and Company name it wont work for me as i want to keep records of first name, last name, company name but i want to display company name as primary.

My vision was the login user acts as a company.

Example John Doe of CXP company registers and makes a post -> the post should reflect from CXP company not -> John Doe.

Exactly as you suggested ->oh well what i did was change First Name field to Display Name/Company name and have user fill this field. i have flexibility.. with user and company but i had to forget about keeping but First Name and Last name.

If it was Company > First Name Last Name > Username
    I could always keep First Name Last Name and utilize Company as priority or change it to Display Name and users have option also to show other name than real name.

and company would have their company name display other than an individual's name

Do i make sense?

End Result i have First Name, Last Name & -> Company Name/Display Name to refer to
    Last edited by Errol; April 13, 2017 at 10:07 PM.

Or maybe i am thinking about this too much

Guru
    Is there a way you mock up some images of how you would like it to look, so I can how you want it, and I might / will try to get it designed up to work for you.

Hi there,

So, i think it's a good idea and ideal in AP must have build form it where admin can select fields by priority.
    If some users will want to have this option that we'll think about it.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Exactly Curtis... We need something to put fields in priority.... I think you understand my point Curtis

Pete it is pretty simple -> Any user can register to site with First Name, Last Name and post. They can also show association of their company by filling the company field.
    First Name, Last Name, Company. But when they post their First Name and Last Name is shown in Post.

What if

A company wants to post on the company behalf using the company's name. using the field First Name, Last Name, Company Name.

First and Last Name = Owner of company = John Doe
    Company Name = CXJ Company

As it is now in flynax the company name will never show... You wll always see First Name and Last Name in post = John Doe

I am saying there most be a way to have all field filled out First Name, Last Name, Company Name and the end result in the post will show Company Name as Poster.

What i had to do was to Disable Last Name Field and Use only First Name Field -> I changed First Name Field to Display Name.

So both Company and User uses Display Name to input data. But this is not good because if a company registers I have no records of the owner of the company. I have only the company name.

For casual user it may be ok because they can type there Full Name in the Display Name field.
    Last edited by Errol; April 14, 2017 at 08:39 AM.

Guru
    s it is now in flynax the company name will never show... You wll always see First Name and Last Name in post = John Doe
    Can you show me an example of that because not sure I am following where you are talking about because I get name and or company in a post ? maybe you have some things set up different to me ?

+ Reply to Thread