+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Company Name Field Priority

As i see only 'fixed' place with First Name-Last Name is the Contact Seller box on listing details page and also some emails.

The rest of the places can be regulated with Account Form Builders (Browse form and 'Alphabetic search priority field')

https://auto.demoflynax.com/admin/in...it&type=dealer

Yes, we of course interested to make the software perfect powerful and flexible, but as for me issue is not so important to create a separate manager or function.

My proposed solution is to use Alphabetic search priority field as priority field also for "Dealer name" (let's call it so).

Rename it appropriately - "Dealer name and alphabetic search field" and use as first choice for Dealer name building, if not available then use current logic - First name + Last name > Username

Hello Mike
    Did you carefully read the issues that i face using the auto classified on page 1

Hello Errol,

Yes i read, did it again just now. And i still think my solution is ok.

Let's detail where is misunderstanding -

1. as i understand main issue is to make Company Name to be displayed on AD Detail page in Contact Seller box ?
    And if company name is not available display First, Last names.

2. Also it would be good to make it configurable different for different account types? (company, realer, reseller etc.)

Hello Mike!

Okay?

On this issue, put yourself in the place of a (big company) selling New and Used Cars.

Would you like Your Name or Company Name displayed?

No company, will ever want the name of the owner to be revealed on the site.

Every (large) company invests in "Visual Identity" and "Marketing", they want to display the name of the store, the logo and the institutional colors only, nothing more.

Whoever wants to know the name of the owner of a large company, go to her personally, talk to the receptionist and wait for the owner in the waiting room, he will introduce himself by saying the Name and Last Name.

This is a matter of (professional ethics as I see it). Many friends my car resale owners told me they do not want to reveal their Names(Confidential Information), but rather the Company Name(Public Information).

NOTE 1: We are not discarding the First and Last Name, we will need them, but for internal system identification only.
    NOTE 2: When you are a Private Seller, it is okay to display your First Name and Last Name.

I would like to make it very clear that this request is not mine, but my customers (owners of new and used car dealers).

We are asking for this correction because we are thinking (big) and coherently / professionally.

Where is the professionalism? If the platform (Flynax) can not understand this, she is thinking small, not giving importance to the professional salesmen of the branch.

A company is totally different from the private seller:

Look at these three questions below ...

1 - Which company invests in the name of the owner?
    Re: None

2 - What does a company want everyone to know?
    Re: The brand, the company name, the slogan, the logo.

3 - What can cause a (large) company to stop advertising on a site?
    Re: Expose sensitive data and sensitive data to the public. Ex: Owner's first and last name.

Now look at this question ...

1 - Why does not the Flynax company display the owner's name on the site?
    Re: For the same reason cited above and because it is confidential, what matters is the Flynax brand.

This is what we are trying to explain here in the forum, we are trying to improve the Flynax platform so that it can be number one.

Final Conclusion:

Company
    We will need the following data:
    A - Company Name (will be displayed in all blocks of the site)
    B - First Name and Last Name, for control (will not be displayed), only the administrator can see in the administration panel.

Private Seller/Buyer
    We will need the following data:
    A - First Name and Last Name, (both will be displayed) no problem.

I ask that I be sorry for the sincerity, I am being frank, if I said something inconvenient tell me so I can remove.

Kind Regards.
    Last edited by Ed; August 8, 2017 at 04:26 AM.

Hello Mike,

I am pretty much about to given up trying to explain to flynax how an auto industry operates when it come on to advertisement. Sadly I bought the software already hoping for a in house solution.

Flynax is a great classifieds but for an Auto Classifieds it lack this MAIN inclusion. I will implore you to please read this entire thread and do a research before putting a foot down.

1. When a dealer signs up we need to Capture the First Name, Last Name, Company Name. All these fields are mandatory.
    2. When the dealer post an item the Company Name MUST (if filled) be shown throughout all aspect of the website NOT First name or Last Name. If a message or email is sent it MUST show sender the company name.

In your country when a car is being advertised to be sold by a company/dealer what do you see a "personal name" or "company name"? (this is not just for auto classifieds)

NEXT

Say for example if on signup we captured company name only? if there is an issue who do we contact the company? the First Name and Last Name will serve as a direct point of contact and also use as verification and security purpose.

MY Last Question?

What is the purpose of this company field you have given us in this current version software. For administrative purpose?

IF Company name SHOW Company Name
    ELSEIF show First Name and Last Name
    ELSE show username

I would think version 4.6 would address this

You given us in software 3 fields Company Name, First Name, Last Name and we want to use ALL these fields for data collection!

Now please explain to me how would your below quoted solution work??? I am not making any sense of this!

As i see only 'fixed' place with First Name-Last Name is the Contact Seller box on listing details page and also some emails.

The rest of the places can be regulated with Account Form Builders (Browse form and 'Alphabetic search priority field')

https://auto.demoflynax.com/admin/in...it&type=dealer

Yes, we of course interested to make the software perfect powerful and flexible, but as for me issue is not so important to create a separate manager or function.

My proposed solution is to use Alphabetic search priority field as priority field also for "Dealer name" (let's call it so).

Rename it appropriately - "Dealer name and alphabetic search field" and use as first choice for Dealer name building, if not available then use current logic - First name + Last name > Username
    Last edited by Errol; August 8, 2017 at 05:26 PM.

Ed, Errol - i understand your reasons and arguments and they are very welcome. I'm glad that customers do research like this, share thoughts and we discuss it like this to make the product better.

But i'm thinking more technically and my goal to concretize it as much as possible in order to find appropriate solution.

Please help me to do it:

1. We have all 3 fields on their places on registration and edit profile pages (Company name, First Name, Last Name)

2. We need to display different field on Contact Forms and other public places depending on account type. For Private Seller it will be (First Name+Last Name)

3. We need to hide First name and Last name from public places for account types like 'Big Company' and leave it for internal use like email messages

Please correct me if i wrong.

1. Correct
    2. Correct
    3. Correct

Point 1. Company have Sale Representatives
    Point 2. Sale Representatives sell on behave of company
    Point 3. Company can fire or hire sales representative at anytime hence company does not advertise First Name & Last Name on classified ads/ public places.
    Point 4. Owners of company/business loves to advertise Business name not sales representative name. Point 4

When user sign up as dealer - Company Name, First Name & Last Name must be filled:
    a. The First Name and Last Name must be hidden from public places. (First Name and Last Name is used internally for website administration: to contact owner/sales representative by name, verify legitimacy of company etc...)
    b. Company Name must be shown at all times because company loves to advertise company name/business.

See website for example:
    https://www.tradecarview.com/used_ca...vitz/21391916/
    Dealer display company name to public and hide first name and last name -> ATSUMI MOTORS CO., LTD.

If this was a private seller then First Name/Last Name would be display.
    Capturetttt.jpg

Once the post belongs to Businesses, Companies, Agencies etc..... then Company Name must take precedence in public display

Seller/Private seller:
    First Name (visible to public domain) (visible on registration form)
    Last Name (visible to public domain) (visible on registration form)

Dealer:
    Company Name - (visible to public domain) (visible on registration form)
    First Name (hidden from public domain) (visible on registration form)
    Last Name (hidden from public domain) (visible on registration form)

Make Company Name (if filled) ALWAYS take 1st display priority before First Name and Last Name

This principle of putting company name and hide real name is not only for Auto Classifieds but for all classifieds.
    Company do this to protect company's name from bad publicity example: say First Name /Last name commits an offense and is prosecuted. First name/last name is displayed as contact on all company ads???
    Sorry if I repeat myself but I need you to understand
    Last edited by Errol; August 10, 2017 at 09:45 PM.

Hello! I would like to know what happened with this request?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Amador View Post
    Hello! I would like to know what happened with this request?
    The Flynax team understands that this request is not important.

Without this small modification the classified sites will offer an amateur service for professionals.

Amateur Classifieds -> Professionals and Amateurs

With this small modification the classified sites will offer a professional service for professionals.

Professional Classifieds -> Professionals and Amateurs
    Last edited by Ed; March 10, 2019 at 01:35 AM.

My listings all have an 'invisible' "Seller Type" field. I was able to get around this by editing /templates/{your-template}/tpl/blocks/listing_details_seller.tpl and changing line 27: {$seller_info.Full_name}

to

{if $listing_data.seller_type_field eq 'seller_type_cdcretail'}
    {$seller_info.company_name}

{elseif $listing_data.seller_type_field eq 'seller_type_cdcwholesale'}

{elseif $listing_data.seller_type_field eq 'seller_type_standard_dealer'}

{else}
    {$seller_info.Full_name}
    {/if}

The {else} section allows my private sellers to have their names displayed while all others display the dealer name. I haven't tried, but I think the code could be modified to pull the account_type so you wouldn't need to add another listing field. There's probably a more eloquent way to write that, but it works.

-Jason

ETA: Sorry, I hadn't read the entire thread and just saw that this solution was already presented. Also, it won't work if you use the IOS/Android Apps.
    Last edited by Jason Barbour; March 19, 2019 at 07:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread