+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GEO Filtering Disable on Page and for box

GEO Filtering Disable on Page and for box

Hi,
    Geo filtering is a great Flynax feature!

However, I try to understand few things about how it works!

What does it mean to disable Geo filtering on page like Home page?
    A. Does it mean that visitor(browser) geo location is not considered when opening the page?
    or
    B. Does it mean that no content is filtered by geo location of user (browser)?

On my home page I have Geo filtering disabled. On the home page I have a box showing listings with no address or any geo fields,
    but once I select any geo location, the content gets filtered and disappears.
    I am trying to make some of my boxes never to be filtered by geo location, but because box settings do not have this setting, I disable it for the page where those boxes reside.

Anybody with explanation where I am wrong or how to do this properly.
    10x

Hello Stefan,

The Geo-filter will show listings in page (like Listings) and boxes by selected location only.
    If you have configured multifields (for example Coutry/State/City) and for enable option "Geo filtering" for this data entry

You need be sure that your listings have selected correct location.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

I understand how the geo filter works.
    But I have listings with no location fields, the listing contain only name. I show these listings on my home page in a box
    I have disabled geo filtering on my home page.
    ss-geofilteringoff.jpg

But once I select any city, those listings disappear. Do you know why?

Hello Stefan,

So, this option works for browse, search pages where listings shows by controller.
    But in home page they showing in boxes and geo-filter doesn't consider this option.
    I think you need same option for boxes, but it can be done as customization only now.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

I think that boxes should inherit page setting if they do not have their own rule and these should be a next flynax feature improvement.
    Anyway, I have tested your thesis. I have disabled Geo filtering on Recently Added page. It is a system page with browse controller I guess. Once I select a location, listings on this page again are filtered!?

Hello Stefan,

1. I'll discuss about this feature with author of plugin, thank you for idea;
    2. You can send me FTP access to my PM, i'll check the recently added page and check why it's happen.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

I rechecked the geo filter and it is not switching off on recently added.
    I have sent a ticket to Mike regarding geo locations plugin and filter. There are many bugs to be checked. He has my FTP in the ticket.

10x

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan Popadiin View Post
    Hi Curtis,

I rechecked the geo filter and it is not switching off on recently added.
    I have sent a ticket to Mike regarding geo locations plugin and filter. There are many bugs to be checked. He has my FTP in the ticket.

10x
    OK. It's a good idea, thanks for your attention.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

+ Reply to Thread