+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: speed up my website

Post speed up my website

what is the best way to speed up my website??????

google speed test give me 66/100 why

it say to many css and js why did flynax team remove the css and js compres plugin?

can I use any css and js compress website whitout brakup the site and the apps
    pleas help

Guru
    Just checked mine and it is bad, so await the news on this to see what can be done but giggle is throwing red flags at everything and the result for mobile is even worse ?

for those who want to take it for a spin

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

I also did the test and If I recall right, a few other sites has the same scores. So I'm not quite sure whats going on.

Hi all,

So, you can use the GZIP or similar compressing module on your webserver for JS and CSS files.
    Also you can use the Google PageSpeed Module: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/
    Also i suggest you move all js and css codes to footer, except system.lib.js, jquery.js and other system scripts in header.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Guru
    With a real notice in mobile speed, on doing this test I am swamped with must do in mobile is to reduce image sizing especially in thumb size ? and there a few pictures not compressed enough as well, I have my picture quality set to 90, but will reduce this to see if this problem is fixed ? because if I keep adding listings at this rate the sit will crawl to a halt ?

i am guessing that image quality is affecting the compression rate ?

THUMBS.jpg

That seemed to help but my mobile is still in the red at 49% so to me this is very bad, another thing causing problems is cache is a problem

looking at the site in cache i have the following options

file
    memcache
    apc

I have 2 knobs of nothing when it come to what setting this should be placed on, so some advice here would be good.

and secondly should we divide cache into fragments ? yes or No ?

Next Geo Filter
    System cache enable disable
    Client side caching (inside user session) enable disable

/\ what is the best setting for these ?

are there any other settings for cache that need attention ?
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 24, 2017 at 11:01 AM.

Hi,
    I join the thread.
    Google pagepspeed is good for JS.
    Regarding speed in general, I surely will try to use varnish. I have not started testing it yet and writing a working config.
    However, It would be good if anybody from Flynax could check the topic if their cms is too picky regarding proxy caching.

I will be looking in the matter in a week and will update here how it goes.

BR.,

Guru
    Look forward to any tips you can add that would be great.

Hello Pete,

That seemed to help but my mobile is still in the red at 49% so to me this is very bad, another thing causing problems is cache is a problem

looking at the site in cache i have the following options

file
    memcache
    apc
    Hi there,

1. So, it's different things, it's a PHP internal cache systems. But google mean frontend caching for static elemens (JS, CSS, images).
    Check again my previous message.

2. In total you can use varnish for showing cached content to user, as told Stefan.
    But you'll have problems with cached data, it must be configured properly.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Hello Pete,
    Hi there,

1. So, it's different things, it's a PHP internal cache systems. But google mean frontend caching for static elemens (JS, CSS, images).
    Check again my previous message.

2. In total you can use varnish for showing cached content to user, as told Stefan.
    But you'll have problems with cached data, it must be configured properly.
    Thank You Curtis, what would say is the best standard / default settings to use for flynax Cache and Geo Filter ?

flynax Cache
    Cache control / enable or disable
    Caching method / file or memcache or APC
    Divide cache into fragments / enable or disable

Geo Filter
    System cache / enable or disable
    Client side caching (inside user session) / enable or disable

Hello Pete,

1. I cannot provide you any special manual for it, because it's a very individual question.
    Of course, you can to enable all cache options and set divide cache to fragments (it's good solution), but if your website have too much data then this option of cache wouldn't help you.
    Now if you have any problems in your website, you can create a ticket and we'll check it and try to help you with it.

2. You can make an experiments: enable/disable options and check time and found best variant of configuration in your current website.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

+ Reply to Thread