+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: speed up my website

Curtis. My caching option is set to "file" as the method and "divide cache into fragments" disabled.

I tried other options, memcache and apc but neither are supported by my website host, Ionus 1 and 1. The "divide into fragments" is not supported either.

I assume I would need to turn on apc or memcache options with my hosting company?

Pete,

I tried selecting other variations for caching but all but the default ones are not supported by my ISP. I have raised the question with them and await an answer. Basically, I have to use "file" caching with the "split in to fragments" option OFF.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis View Post
    Hi all,

So, you can use the GZIP or similar compressing module on your webserver for JS and CSS files.
    Also you can use the Google PageSpeed Module: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/module/
    Also i suggest you move all js and css codes to footer, except system.lib.js, jquery.js and other system scripts in header.
    can you show me how to move js and css to footer please im using general wide template.

Sounds like a paid support or customization job?

Guru
    Recently I have installed DiiB to monitor my website. Not sure how accurate this is but it gives a full detailed report on how to fix it. I am unsure why it is saying it takes 8 seconds to load on mobile ? and not sure if it is because of the app plugin? anyway here is the report being sent to me. This will keep me busy for a month I am sure. It suggests that 123% of people who may visit will leave ? Who lota whoop-ass to fix here by the looks of it.

-

Your website load speed affects your user experience which also affects your search engine rankings. The better speed and user experience you have, the better ranking you can achieve. We relate speed to professionalism, reliability, and efficiency. In fact, 79% of shoppers who are dissatisfied with website performance are less likely to purchase from that site again. Your website load time is your very first impression and every second matters. As page load time goes from

1 to 3 seconds The probability of user leaving increases 32%
    1 to 5 seconds The probability of user leaving increases 90%
    1 to 6 seconds The probability of user leaving increases 106%
    1 to 10 seconds The probability of user leaving increases 123%

Your website currently needs more than 8 seconds to load. Please prioritize and apply the recommendations below.

14 tasks to complete
    Optimizing your site
    Avoid landing page redirects
    Avoid plug-ins
    Configure the viewport
    Enable compression
    Improve server response time
    Inline CSS
    Leverage browser caching
    Minify resources
    Optimize Images
    Optimize CSS delivery
    Prioritize visual content
    Remove render-blocking JavaScript
    Size content to viewport
    Size tap targets appropriately
    Use asynchronous scripts
    Use legible font sizes
    Check your site yourself to find problems fast
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

+ Reply to Thread