+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is a bug in numeric fields! Account details

Master

There is a bug in numeric fields! Account details

The first number if it is a 0 (zero) will be deleted.
    In the Account details for example:

Zip code for Zwickau is 08060
    After the saving zip code is 8060.

The same in phone numbers!

Is there any solution?
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; May 11, 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Hello Steffen Buschkemper,

You can fix it manually in phpMyadmin.

Go to listings table >> Structure find field with name 'b_zip' or 'zip' or 'zip_code' and click edit this field.
    Then in 'Type' for field change it from 'int' to 'varchar' and lick save.

Then go to listing_feilds table >> Browse find field with this key and click edit then find parameter 'Type' and change it from 'numeric' to 'text' and click save.

See attach files.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Master
    Thank you Victor! I've already fixed tonight with the same solution.
    But the Problem is its not a numeric field and the user can put in everything.
    Hope it will fixed in the next version.

Hello Steffen,

But the Problem is its not a numeric field and the user can put in everything.
    Hope it will fixed in the next version.
    Would you please explain me in more details. Because I don't understand you a bit.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Master
    The problem is varchar and text. my page is only for germany. Our zipcodes are only numeric. I think about usability for users.
    If i set it to varchar and the field to text the user can input aA-zZ and 0-9. German users must only input 0-9 as zip-code. Thats a problem of usability.
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; June 21, 2012 at 09:23 PM.

Hello Steffen Buschkemper,

I can try to make wonderwork but you can to create a ticket with your request and include ftp access details in.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Viktor i think the resolve ( patch ) of this bug must be public somehow , i'm sure more users like me and Steffen have this problem, more then the zip code and the phone have the same problem with 0 at the begining of the field and the phone number cant be longer then 10 caracters ( why? )

all this patches are inserted in the original package of the software?... the ideea is that if i download and install on a clear db i dont want the watch forums to see why when and how to re..re..re..patch.

second i'l be more then happy if you guys haved an security mailnews ( group or something ) where i can easy get security patches. Some of us dont stay 24/24 on a forum to see what problems can reise from others and i dint knew about it.

Thank you

T.Bogdan
    SysAdmin

Quote Originally Posted by Parasca Iulian eugen View Post
    Viktor i think the resolve ( patch ) of this bug must be public somehow , i'm sure more users like me and Steffen have this problem, more then the zip code and the phone have the same problem with 0 at the begining of the field and the phone number cant be longer then 10 caracters ( why? )

all this patches are inserted in the original package of the software?... the ideea is that if i download and install on a clear db i dont want the watch forums to see why when and how to re..re..re..patch.

second i'l be more then happy if you guys haved an security mailnews ( group or something ) where i can easy get security patches. Some of us dont stay 24/24 on a forum to see what problems can reise from others and i dint knew about it.

Thank you

T.Bogdan
    SysAdmin
    all of us have this issue. in my case i received the sugestion to replace the numeric field with a text till the next update wich should come in 2-3 weeks. if a fix was found, it should be posted here so we can all benefit.

Ye i have this problem to. the 0 at start are gone. Would liove to have this fixed so i can change back to numeric only in the some fields i have like the zipcode and phonenumbers.

Hello Guys,
    The issue with the first 0 which you are discussing in this thread already solved in Flynax 4.1.0
    Please wait for update, it will be released soon!

John

+ Reply to Thread