+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SEO problems

Guru
    With recent comments it is time for me to finish with this thread (and leave the experts take over and teach us) but before I do that, for those of us who know nothing or are just helping out / Interested, in the beginning of this thread (under a week ago) my sites index was non existent and crap with basically nothing being indexed and a mess, and with a few beginner notes as above, in under 7 days now we have over 120 indexes (only just starting to rebuild so that is low for now) and have achieved and average search index ranking for those indexes of 1.7. I suppose we can call it beginners luck seeing that I have no Idea.

Thanks to those who have helped, I will now await the experts to teach us.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru
    Update : for the novices like me I done a quick random test for a listing where we were placed 4th over amazon an gumtree listing of similar item, and that is all good, but I wanted to add the importance of encouraging people to add related titles to their images, you will see I added 4 images to this listing and used similar titles, all 4 ended up up google images first page as well.

Nothing magic here and not everything works every time, just sharing and hope it helps some.

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cbfioP6Sno

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    So nobody else using 4.5.2 is having problems with their listing titles being indexed ? I have 0 listing titles indexed since updating to the latest version ? for me it is a worry as it is the most important thing ? maybe I have set something up wrong (but I do not think so) but you need to scan so many old outdated posts to even start to unravel the problems.

If somebody has 4.5.2 and can check if their listing titles are being indexed that would be great.

I think somehow the xml feed output has changed or something is wrong where these titles are not being indexed, what ever way it is very concerning

This (LINK) was listed almost a month ago and still no listing title is indexed, all i get is category and site listing that are so far from page one you would never find it, the listing title is < Soldiers A History of Men in Battle > but no where to be seen ? as these soldiers seem to be MIA

If nobody using the latest version has this problem then I need to find out whats wrong ? Fast / for the record I was able to list 90 plus % of all listings under 7 days and even for some tough keywords on the first page of giggle, now my heart is a ghost town.

this is what things should look like, but not one, not even one tiny one of any of my listing are being indexed since the update ? who will want to list on a site that does not index ?

I'm having the same issue to day with version 4.8... no listing indexed :-(

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    I'm having the same issue to day with version 4.8... no listing indexed :-(
    Skorpion Have you added your site map to your google search console? try that and everything should be fine, the latest stuff from flynax all seems to be working well.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Skorpion Have you added your site map to your google search console? try that and everything should be fine, the latest stuff from flynax all seems to be working well.
    Sitemap added months ago. But it seems only categories are being indexed not listings.

Guru
    have you checked / searched this in your giggle bar > site:yoursite.com < to see if all is well ? if not then maybe raise a ticket ?
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpion View Post
    Sitemap added months ago. But it seems only categories are being indexed not listings.
    Did you work with google webmaster tools? Did you add url to your sitemap.xml there? Also, there you can see how many links correct and valid and other information.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread