+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SEO problems

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahap Gezer View Post
    hello pete i been fix this long time ago . and let u know tags and site map google dont care any more for both
    here what we need

1. url should be very short

let see what we have choice for this on flynax

Admin Panel > Listing Types > Edit Types > *Listing type URL > Short URL

have you set this ?

Sahap, as for site map not real sure but tags for me are a yes, so what is good is that we all experiment and see what works best, together it can only be a good thing. I will keep monitoring to see if I get changes now and that should answer if these are important or not.

as for location, I have set things different and now do not use the options you have, but I am unsure if you do or no not want the locations in the url (just a little hard understanding).

I have added location to the build category / meta description, this will filter through to giggle but not add it to the url and I just use search boxes as my filters now which also do not add to url. ?
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 12, 2017 at 11:09 PM.

hello pete . Again topic distribution and i did not get anything ... from flynax or

ofacuse i want location be in url. for this all what i do, but the country it s not location > city and twon ..
    no body search anything with counrty . it s just make long url and show to u in ur counrty foreign web site .. that s mush easy to understand

Guru
    hello pete . Again topic distribution and i did not get anything ... from flynax or

ofacuse i want location be in url. for this all what i do, but the country it s not location > city and twon ..
    no body search anything with counrty . it s just make long url and show to u in ur counrty foreign web site .. that s mush easy to understand
    yep understand, leave the country out of the url. you may need to get a custom update from flynax for that one ?

i bought support and i been ticket as Customizations do this for me. but no answer from flynax

but really i have site is not indexed in google , yahoo and bing its not indexed anywhere

Guru
    pm me your url so I can have a look please

Guru
    OK a quick update, finally starting to get on top of getting this SEO sorted. I will show you a few quick video's and they are not in order or not even the best examples, they are just random, but I want to show Sahap and others about what we have been talking about and how to maybe set things up, and I say maybe because I am not the expert, just trying to improve is all.

1. So this first example shows 2 things one is to add your location to your meta description, and secondly by adding some of the owners other ads to the listing and by using search terms in description you can get unrelated ads bringing up your search terms in other areas increasing your search footprint.

You will see when I first search the term that I do not appear on page 1 for the search, but if I search using a location term, you will see that I now own spots 4, 5 and 6. this brings into play adding the location and using other ads by that owner to increase the search footprint.

Again this is not to look fancy and the results will improve as indexing gets better, for now just take on board the example for what it is, as this would apply very good for things like real estate agent listings etc plus a whole lot more, an extension of this would be to flip it around say for auto where you added make and model for example to your description and as a bonus also add locations, options only limited by your thinking
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 16, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

Guru
    2. This next video shows the importance ( where you can ) to have your title also somewhere in your description, it will allow giggle to get a better look at what your doing and give you a higher ranking if done right, the title and description do not need be exactly the same just similar, next you will see by adding location again now takes this search to number one and lastly to see one you have your structure right the search terms entered can be in any order to get good results, above some good competition here so that is good.
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 16, 2017 at 11:04 PM.

Guru
    3. This video shows several things that can work and includes what I mentioned the other day about using and renaming tags to popular searches, it also shows that by allowing users to cross post to other categories will also increase your foot print. here we own 7 of the 10 spots on page one. please keep in mind these results are all new as i only started working on this problem a few days ago and they can only improve.

I could continue with dozens of boring examples, but for my buddy here Sahap and others do not give up, because if I can turn this all around in a few days so can you, again I am no expert here and would like everyone's input to improve, but some things that help are (in no order)

use tags
    use recently viewed
    allow users to post in other categories
    add your locations to your description in meta file (your choice)
    add sitemap.xml and or CHECK IT (see guide above somewhere)
    check your on page SEO is good

I have also removed all things like my location etc (as only one country and it is not needed) so you would notice no urls have locations in them (using the meta for that) and I think even if I had more than one country I would only use my location at one level the top country level and that would be it ? might be wrong on that one?

I would expect with more time and as we make more tweaks to the system the results will explode even more.

* Over the last 3 or so days I have checked as many flynax sites as I could find (no names), some are good, some OK and some have a lot of errors in them, or are set up very bad, so if you are unsure do some checks.

One thing of big notice was the numbers of unused categories in the xml's of peoples sites, some were years old and never been updated, if you have these, set them as inactive for now when cleaning up the xml, and if your starting new, now more than ever I see categories one of the last things to build and even then only building categories as you need them.

It is no good building a gazillion categories thinking somebody might use your site one day and need it, and leaving it there like a desperado who nobody loves for gigggle to see year in and year out rotting away, your just telling giggle, your on a slow boat to china, but instead just build a master category, then if say you get a dozen of more ads that you can split down into a sub category build it then, that way giggle only sees knock knock knockin on giggles door with new and fresh information Bang Bang. ? call me silly i suppose just reporting what I see.

One last quick one to show a listing just added in the last day or so ( I wanted to monitor changes being made ) it shows again that using tags is important, cross posting is important and using search terms in your description is important, here after a short while we own 3 out 10 spots numbers 8,9 and 10 but early days for this so I would expect more and higher results as time delivers.
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 16, 2017 at 11:05 PM.

sorry but pete really u dont know anything about seo and me s well .. what u show in video it s nothing just title of ads it s not seo. when i finish the web site i will expline .. maybe it s can be we have diffrent categories is well

Guru
    sorry but pete really u dont know anything about seo and me s well .. what u show in video it s nothing just title of ads it s not seo. when i finish the web site i will expline .. maybe it s can be we have diffrent categories is well
    Well Sahap, In 3 days a took a site that was not indexing for basically anything, to cover of most listing in multiple ways, first page for search term for most of them, so for somebody who knows nothing it seems to be that I am doing what you say is not happening for you.

I tell you what, I will wait for your lessons. for the records I have been studying this subject for years now and spent a lot of time studying how flynax works, I may not be superman, and I never claimed to be anything from the start, other than lets try and work together to see if we can improve things as a team rather than moaning, but your comments slap a little in the face, and are a little rude considering people are just trying to help you with a site that you claim is not getting anywhere.

I did not talk about making changes or what might work, but I showed just some examples after a few days that will get better, I look forward to you showing us how a pro does it, It was you above that said that tags do not work above yet I have shown that is not true just as one example, so I will now sit back as somebody who knows nothing and leave it with you the expert and look forward to your showing us your wise lessons.

?
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 16, 2017 at 08:38 AM.

+ Reply to Thread