+ Reply to Thread

Thread: question about Using Package plan

Question question about Using Package plan

i would like to limit posting ads to 4 ads per day. i am trying to use the options on package plans but i couldnt get it to reset number of allowed posts everyday.
    any idea how to do this ?

Guru
    There is no standard settings that will allow you to set max posts per day, that would have to be a custom request.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

but if i create a plan (with 6 posts) and it expires every day, the seller should be able to buy it again after is expires, but when i try to buy next day i don't see the plan resetting the number of allowed listings and seller still see the plan active with minus the post that was done the day before.
    i think the expiration is not working or i don't have a good understanding of how plans work.

Guru
    from memory a plan with posts is a plan with posts only and yes it would be minus any posts made, and once used is dead in the water you would need to set perpetual or 0 into the plan for it to continue.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

After doing more experiment with this, i found out that after a user uses his daily limits he needs to go next day and manually renew his package which i dont like, it will be nice if the package gets renewed automaticlly with the basic Free package available.

Why i think this is important, is because from my experience some business owners will spam your website with same posts 20 times a day, just to get their product to show throughout your website and in every page you go to.

i thought using package plans will limit this issue.

do you know if there is any other way that can help with spam ? per example similar content detection , lot of website are using that now days.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Samir Fakirane View Post
    After doing more experiment with this, i found out that after a user uses his daily limits he needs to go next day and manually renew his package which i dont like, it will be nice if the package gets renewed automaticlly with the basic Free package available.

I do not think it is a daily thing, anyway if want to limit posts try using the membership plan option instead, this will be able to limit the number of posts a person can have at any one time.

ok thank you Pete i will give it a try

i think you are the only support we have here, i appreciate you taking time to answer some of the questions.
    Last edited by Samir Fakirane; November 17, 2016 at 01:31 PM.

Why i think this is important, is because from my experience some business owners will spam your website with same posts 20 times a day, just to get their product to show throughout your website and in every page you go to.

i thought using package plans will limit this issue.

do you know if there is any other way that can help with spam ? per example similar content detection , lot of website are using that now days.
    same experience with a membership plan.

Hi Victor,
    i think we need a little support on this topic, any idea how to achieve a package plan with unlimited posts but has daily limit of number of posts and featured.

thank you

Guru
    Hi Victor,
    i think we need a little support on this topic, any idea how to achieve a package plan with unlimited posts but has daily limit of number of posts and featured.

thank you
    At this stage that would be a custom job, as it would not be possible with any of the available options, if your problem is with spam, then maybe look at alternate options to deal with the spam.

This would include allowing a few free posts in a membership plan then charging for additional posts, to un check any automated posting or edits so that you approve of any new listing, the same as gum tree and others, ban users who spam, add and allow posting in other categories to be fairer to people and the list goes on.

+ Reply to Thread