+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to develop site offline

Question How to develop site offline

Hi

This maybe a stupid question, l may be just missing something.

I have the under construction plugin installed, works just great. But how on earth do l develop my site through the Admin panel, see my changes behind scenes as l make them (sort of live view) / behind the public under construction page ? I do not want to keep switching the under construction plugin "off and On" to view my changes.

PS. l am hosting with GoDaddy, which is just great compared to others l have hosted with, anyway maybe someone can help.

Hi Andrew,

You just need to add your IP address under the "Allowed IP-addresses".
    Login to your Flynax admin > Basic Settings > Under construction

Hi Samuel

Thanks for the details / help.

Since last weeks installation ip ranges "127.0.0.1;212.112.126.23" values have been within the "allowed IP addresses" box in the "under construction plugin. I checked my IP address on my router, my IP address for my Mac Pro is within this range. So just for clarity, this is what l am doing, just incase l am doing something completely stupid.

1. with underconstruction plugin turned on in Admin (with IP ranges set as above), plugin displays the default Flynax underconstruction screen as expected

2. I log into my Flynax Admin page, and click the "User Interface" button at the top of the Admin panel, l get only the underconstruction screen.

3. Obviously, when l disable the underconstruction plugin, and then press the "User Interface" button again, it gives me my Flynax index page as expected.

4. just for the hell of it, l completely, removed / uninstalled the plugin from the server, then re installed. enter the IP ranges as above and still the same issue. Then for 1 last attempt, l removed the IP ranges in the plugin, and entered just my single Mac Pro IP address, still the same problem.

I am not doing something completely wrong am l ?, missing something / a big bit of grey matter in my head ?
    Last edited by Andrew Fleetwood; October 22, 2016 at 09:43 PM.

Hi Andrew just install xampp on your local machine and all the code at local machine then run the setup follow the setup instructions then open the source code in Dreamweaver or anyother tool you like and start browsing the pages make changes in code the move that specific part to your live site

regards,
    nauman

you need to go to website like myipaddress.com, then take that ip number and put it in admincp > basic > under construction, delete every other ip else.

Hi

Got it, many thanks Wei, Nauman and Samuel for help and suggestions. Have a great day.

+ Reply to Thread