+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Understanding membership and listing plans

Understanding membership and listing plans

Struggling a little to understand the plans available so little help required.
    I would like my customers to sign up free for an account and then post a listing, i need to manually aprove listings but do not need to manually approve memberships(sign ups)
    If i mark in listings auto approve to disable it also seems to make membership approval disabled as well, is there a way to

let a user sign up as free or paid member, this is then auto approved (if they have paid)
    Add a listing that then needs approval?

Thanks in advance

I have adjusted memberships/listings as i assumed to be correct, i have now lost all countries on the listings and all listing titles just say listing!!!!
    When i try to edit it says select a country from the list but there is no countries in the list!!
    Very buggy

i finally got this membership plans to work as it should be and here is my findings:

first new users need to understand that a membership means a membership that people sing up for to get some of the privileges ( like posting ads, checking listing details, contacting ad poster ..... ext).
    if a privilege needs to be given to all including visitors then go to Admin panel>Membership Permissions and disable that premission so it will be no longer a criteria for a membership plans.

now if a membership plan is created and was assigned to all users (logged in members) then any new user will not need to sign up for it and he will be Opt in automatically.

Here is senario of situation where this membership plan can be useful. i needed visitors to be able to look at listings with no restrictions but only when he needs to contact seller he will be asked to sign in in order to send message to seller. to do that here are the steps:

1. go to Admin panel>Membership Permissions and enable Contact seller and disable any other permission.
    2. Create new membership plan and make available to all account types if its free the user will not be asked to add plan, it will be added automatically. also check [x] contact seller under permissions.
    3. enable membership plans under Admin panel> basic settings> membership settings..
    4. test it in the front end. you supposed to see the contact seller box hidden for Visitors (not logged in users) and user is asked to sing in.

hope this can be a help to someone.
    Last edited by Samir Fakirane; November 18, 2016 at 04:51 PM.

Ahh man this was a big help brother - I appreciate it!

exellent, the membership wasn't this useful when I check it last time. Did it get updated?

thinks Mr Samir Fakirane For all this Help

Hello,

Where i can find Membership Permissions in the last version?

Thank you

Admin Panel >> Membership Services: https://prnt.sc/jwjlyb
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread