+ Reply to Thread

Thread: XML Feed Import/Export Plugin questions

XML Feed Import/Export Plugin questions

Hi Guys.
    Does anyone have any experience with the XML Feed plugin? Does it work for you?
    I'm new to this and it's somewhat confusing.

I'd like to know if I can use it with Craigslist? or AutoTrader? Does anybody know?

If not, does anyone know where else I can find XML feeds for an automotive classifieds site?

Thank you
    Ron

Hi,

The XML Feeds Plugin works with all of feeds with listings which use the XML format for output data. You can use the any of them.
    Check our manual before using it, maybe it will help you: https://www.flynax.com/files/manuals...on%20Guide.pdf
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Thanks Curtis.

One other question ... is it true that we assign a default user account that all the listings in the feed will be assigned to? So if I'm populating a brand new site with 30 listings in the XML feed, they're all going to show as belonging to the same Seller?

If so, isn't that going to look strange to site visitors? Is there a workaround to make the listings look more natural, as if they're from different sellers?

Thanks
    Ron

The username field is required but I have multiple users in my XML file. The info box says "You also can set different owners based on a field, by which owners can be identified" but not how to set this up.

You should specify a default user for import like admin

and then in mapping manager use Dealer ID field to map source dealers

Hi Rudi, I mapped the Dealer ID in the mapping manager but the posts are all assigned to the dealer specified in the username field.

I think I know what the issue is. I mapped the dealer ID to the username which is in the import file. Is there a way to import using the username instead of ID number? The ID numbers are not in the source file.

Update: I got the username field to map, but only after I clicked the "Click to Build" button and mapped the source name to the target name. I don't know why this wasn't done automatically, since the source and target are identical. This can be a bit much with over 1600 users.

We need to look into the problem using your ftp details

for that you need to create a ticket

Thanks, I just opened the ticket.

+ Reply to Thread