Atlases & Maps
    Calendars
    Children's Books
    Comics
    Fiction Books
    Magazines
    Newspapers
    Non Fiction Books

So that we can reduce the depth of the category block and make more efficient use of the space please.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Hello Pete,

Go to ftp://templates>>your_template>>css>>style.css

find line at line ~4692
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    and remove: display: block;

and below create new code:
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    save and check again.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Thanks Viktor, works great
    Last edited by Pete Young; September 22, 2016 at 12:54 AM.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    I am a little confused I thought that flynax had fixed this bug, I then get an email pointing me to here ? that ok i suppose but I then see tonight that my categories had disapeared ? so i logged in and it seems an extra listing type was activated ? either by bug or manual, so I have enabled a few categories and now everything has disapeared, so if it has been fixed it is no longer fixed ?

I hope somebody at flynax can get the site to a point where I can work on it please ?

this update has now taken weeks and still not get to do any work ?

yes I have sent the ticket back but not sure who is doing what or when

Guru
    I wonder how long it will take for my site to work properly ? I wait and I wait.

if your categories disappeared, it is mostlikely a template issue, try downloading a fresh template on flynax server and user it to see if categories show properly. If it still persist, a ticket is the next step. I'm also on 4.5.1, it is better than 4.5 and less stable than 4.4.1. But it has new features, so ...

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    if your categories disappeared, it is mostlikely a template issue, try downloading a fresh template on flynax server and user it to see if categories show properly. If it still persist, a ticket is the next step. I'm also on 4.5.1, it is better than 4.5 and less stable than 4.4.1. But it has new features, so ...
    I have a ticket in the system, this was supposed to be simple paid for upgrade, that is almost a month if not older and still not resolved, getting to a point where you have to wonder what is going on as this is past being a little funny now.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    if your categories disappeared, it is most likely a template issue, try downloading a fresh template on flynax server and user it to see if categories show properly. If it still persist, a ticket is the next step. I'm also on 4.5.1, it is better than 4.5 and less stable than 4.4.1. But it has new features, so ...
    It has nothing to do with a template issue, still waiting to get things fixed and was told settings / code have been put back to fix the problem, so as it stands if you want one listing type you can edit your code and if you down the line want to add a listing type you have to go in and edit your code back, plus you will loose all of your sub categories, site layout and function in the process.

I am also concerned about words to the effect that if so failure to your mobile version can or may occur ? "I can display subcategories but they can to broke mobile version." maybe that means if they add sub cats to more than listing type ? who knows

So for a new version that promotes itself on running multiple listing types it seems none of it still works properly unless every customer goes in and plays around in their coding to make changes, and you loose sub cats and possible mobile options? where is any of that in the write up ?

And I still have a site I cant use, what a great update, I really wish flynax would not use people to be guinea pigs on testing there updates but release beta versions for people to trial if they so wish and release and alpha bug free version when it works, if a normal dufus like me falls over such a basic bug, and remember this was the big use multiple listing type version upgrade, the number one upgrade feature, what testing is even being done at all for an upgrade of versions.

So for people wanting to make these changes, brush up on your coding skills and make the changes in or out from Viktors guide, happy days.

yes not happy Jan is best to describe how I feel right now.

Guru
    Hello Viktor can you give me a quick screen shot of where to place this code as I have ended up with errors as below so it seems I am doing something wrong ?

Thanks Pete

---

System error occurred

Smarty error: [in blocks/categories_block.tpl line 112]: syntax error: unexpected {else} (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 497)
    line# 1095
    file: /home/trtr8073/public_html/libs/smarty/Smarty.class.php
    PHP version: 5.3.29
    System error occurred

Smarty error: [in blocks/categories_block.tpl line 114]: syntax error: mismatched tag {/if}. expected {/foreach} (opened line 18). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 2357)
    line# 1095
    System error occurred

Smarty error: [in blocks/categories_block.tpl line 114]: syntax error: unclosed tag \{if} (opened line 8). (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 328)
    line# 1095

Hello Pete,

I cannot fix it here. Can you create a ticket with your problem and we will try to solve it there. Because you created this bug and I don't know what is wrong with code.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread