+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VIN check

VIN check

Hi,

I'm new to the community and to the software, so I have a few questions.
    I've just managed to install my copy of the Flynax Auto Classifieds, but I'm having some difficulties in setting it up.

I have loads of questions, but for now I'll post only two:

1. When adding a listing, you have the option to enter the VIN (vehicle identification number) and next to the VIN you have the Check VIN option, which when it is clicked, it will take you to carfax.com to check the VIN no. Unfortunately, this is useless for me as I'll be offering the service in Australia only, thus making carfax.com useless as you cannot perform VIN checks from vehicles located in Australia on carfax.com.
    My question is, can the Check VIN link be somehow modified/removed ? If so, how and where ?

2. I'm trying to add another Listing Field, called Reg Plate where users have to fill in their registration number when placing an ad. I've created the field, but it doesn't seem to be appearing on the website. I wanted to be filed under the Common Field Group, but like I said, it doesn't show up anywhere. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

I apologise if these questions have already been answered, I did use the search option but couldn't find anything related to my questions.

Thanks

Hello,

For vin issue. You can remove check vin option through editing listing_details.tpl file - templates/your_template/tpl/controllers/listing_details.tpl

find following code and remove

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.

For second question:

In order to make this field visible you have to add the field in Submit form of listing category.
    Submit form is set of fields which users see on add listing page and listing details page.
    With form builders you may add/remove or reorder fields differently for different categories without affecting Listing Fields data.
    Build forms page you can find in Admin Panel > Browse > Build button

There are also Short Form, Featured form, Listing Title form, Search form.

Short form is for fields in grid view, Featured form is the same but for featured listings

Listing title form allows to build url and title of listing from different fields.

Each type of fields form can be different for each category but can be the same for all categories (if you use listing type general category option) or same for all child categories (if you build it only for parent category)

Search forms is to manage fields in search forms.

We are preparing detailed manual for the software, it will be available soon, and all abilities will described there.

But fill free to ask if you have other questions, and if you want prompt response better to contact us through tickets system http://support.flynax.com/tickets/ or email to support@flynax.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Murrell View Post
    Hi,

2. I'm trying to add another Listing Field, called Reg Plate where users have to fill in their registration number when placing an ad. I've created the field, but it doesn't seem to be appearing on the website. I wanted to be filed under the Common Field Group, but like I said, it doesn't show up anywhere. Can anyone help me with this problem ?

I apologise if these questions have already been answered, I did use the search option but couldn't find anything related to my questions.

Thanks

I have the same problem i went to Listing > Listing fields > added Plate Number yet i can't see it anywhere

Sorry Mike but i can't figure out your directions.

n order to make this field visible you have to add the field in Submit form of listing category ( where is this located? )

thanks!

to add it to the submit form u need.... admin panel > categories > then when it displays the list of categories there is the build option on the right hand side for each category.

If all your categories forms work off just one category you can find which one in admin panel > listing types > choose to edit auto > then you will see a general category option (it is likely you will just need to add the field to this category only)

Thanks Chris,

Now I get how things work

only problem is that I don't see "Plate Number" ( the one I created) in the drop down menu of

Admin > PanelListing >TypesEdit > Types AUTOs anywhere? under settings common General Category drop down i only see the Care makes models

again I'm sorry I'm still a noob

you need to go to admin panel then click 'listing types'
    then then gives you a list of listing types, then click to edit autos,
    then once in there there is a section down the page called 'settings'
    where it says general category there is a dropdown with the make of a car. This is your master category.

now you need to search for that category in your categories section in admin panel.
    when u find that there are 3 options in the list of categories- 'build' 'edit' and 'delete'
    click build and select 'build a submit form'
    this is where you add your listing field.

Hope that helps
    And i am sick of writing the word category LOL

YAY worked perfectly thanks so so much! the secret Master category was the acura , never knew about Master Cat thank you so so so so so much now i know what to do in the future

Chris im glad we are so far apart or i would have hugged you

[QUOTE=Chris im glad we are so far apart or i would have hugged you [/QUOTE]

LOL no problem, glad u finally sorted

+ Reply to Thread