+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to create a new data entries like YEAR format

How to create a new data entries like YEAR format

Hi there,
    i am using flynax for a website in persian language. since car models are divided in two main categories in our country, we have to manage them by two type of year range. a range for Gregorian year and another range for jalali (persian) year.
    for example, we have 2008,2009,2010,2011,2012 in English but i want to have 1388,1389,1390,... as well.
    i need this filed to be in data entries format, because i want it to be appeared in search pages by providing two combo boxes for selecting and filtering.
    is there any similar needs between you guys?

If i understand you correctly you would need to create a new data entry for the other year range, then once created you need to click the manage button thats looks like a hammer, here you can add all your dates.

Next step is to create a new listing field, fill that out and for field type choose 'mixed' and then bind that data with the new data entry you created

Then its just a case of adding that field to your search forms and your listing forms.

Hope that helps

Dear Chris
    Thanks for your help. The issue is almost solved but still I have a problem with this new field. I have created it by your guide and the field is appeared but it has not drop down menu in search page.
    Do you have any idea about that?

Hi try changing the field type that I said as mixed, change to dropdown menu I think then see if it let's u bind with the data format.

I don't have internet access at the moment apart from my mobile fone so can't really check if that's 100percent correct but I think that it should work

Hi Chris, i had done this before but it doesnt work becasue creating a filed in this way, does not provide two year drop down to provide an option for user to select from ... to ... it only shows one drop down.

yeah i understand what u mean, i think you may need to contact support and maybe have a little custom work done to the search part of that field. Or if that isnt the case they can guide you with the best thing to do

+ Reply to Thread