+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the user forget his username ??

When the user forget his username ??

Hello

When the user forget his username ( not password) for his account how he reset it or get it again ?

Regards

Guru
    ? they would just need to hit forgot password, and it will ask for their email, and from there the reminder should have the user name on it. if not add it to the reminder email, pretty simple
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    ? they would just need to hit forgot password, and it will ask for their email, and from there the reminder should have the user name on it. if not add it to the reminder email, pretty simple
    Thanks Pete . do you mean i should add it to email template ?

Guru
    yes just do a test to get the title of the email so you know what email to edit, it should already have user name, yes if not there just ad user name to the email template and re test.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

I check email template , and found ; dear {username} , but when i test it , it shows first name and last name only

Guru
    just make sure you have the right template (by looking at the template title) , but then just add as a test user name on a single line below somewhere it should work, also once you get it working you can edit the language file as well and change

did you forget your password? > to > did you forget your user name or password?

Hi,

The remind function must use the email template with key "remind_password_request" and it have {username} variable in body of mail.
    Check it.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hello
    Thank you Pete, Thank you Curtis

I think i have problem in somewhere , I have copied "remind_password_request" email template from flynax AP demo , and paste it without any change in my email template which has the key "remind_password_request" , But it still shows first and last name only . and i tried to add variable {username} , also it shows first and last name .
    If i try to create a new account so the confirmed activated account message ''account-confirmed-active'' , it shows right username :
    username : {login}
    I copied {login} as a username and pasted it in "remind_password_request" email template , but it shows only {login} text word as i pasted it .

Hello Musfir Alotaibi,

Do you want to see username for remind_password_request or First name and last name for account-confirmed-active.
    May be in different place exist a bit different logic.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hello Viktor
    I Want to include the username in remind_password_request ,
    I tried every thing ,but no result

+ Reply to Thread