+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Maps SOLVED

Exclamation Google Maps SOLVED

Dear All,

I found that a lot are facing problems with Google Maps as myself, I have been working on this issue many days ago till I found out the solution:
    1- You should have an API key (even if Google Maps is displayed correctly it will not continue and you will have to get an API).
    2- The following 7 APIs should be activated other wise it will not work:

googlemaps.jpg

Try it and tell me it succeeded...

weird. I have activated all 7 in the list. It still not work on my site, has to remove the key again

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    weird. I have activated all 7 in the list. It still not work on my site, has to remove the key again
    you mast regenet the now key i think

Quote Originally Posted by nirvano View Post
    yes .... please try it WEI and give us the feedback

Quote Originally Posted by nirvano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akram El-sobky View Post
    yes .... please try it WEI and give us the feedback
    Thanks, I did regenerate the key. But I apply the new key right away. And it didn't work, may be it need some time to refresh. I will try to use it again later and see.

Ok, so sadly. It doesn't work in my case. After inputting the key that I regenerated yesterday after enabling all 7 api as recommended by Akram, still no work. By not working, I meant it doesn't register the location to the listing, and shows some random places. After removing it, it show the correct place input by user

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Ok, so sadly. It doesn't work in my case. After inputting the key that I regenerated yesterday after enabling all 7 api as recommended by Akram, still no work. By not working, I meant it doesn't register the location to the listing, and shows some random places. After removing it, it show the correct place input by user
    Sorry Wei to hear this, in my case it worked and I was hoping it will work for all...

Quote Originally Posted by Akram El-sobky View Post
    Sorry Wei to hear this, in my case it worked and I was hoping it will work for all...
    No problem Akram, thank you for sharing.

It's not working for me either. I have a new API key and all API's are activated ... but it's not working on my Flynax site. Apparently, other members are having problems with their Maps as well. Hopefully Flynax will get this fixed soon.

With Flynax's help, we figured out what we need to do to get the Map Search working. It's now working for me.

This is what you need to do:

1. create/use a Browser API Key
    2. do NOT enter anything for the referrer. Leave it blank.
    3. make sure that all the API libraries (except those for iOs and Android) for Google Maps are enabled (see Akram El-sobky's screenshot above)
    4. enter the Browser Key in your Flynax admin settings

Important: if you want existing listings to show up in the Map Search, you'll need to open each listing, as if to edit, and then just save out.

Hope this helps.

Ron

+ Reply to Thread