+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how to link Listing fields with other Listing fields?

Rudi,

Regarding this post, which is great by the way, can you explain how to create a multilevel field menu? Ex: Say I would like one drop down field that has Pets:

Cat
    Dog
    Fish

Then when I choose Cat another menu will appear with other choices like:

Food
    Toys

My Best was getting both drop downs to appear, but I want them to be linked together, so that when I choose a pet, another menu will appear to choose food or toys from.

Regards,
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Hello Ramu, this is the way I do it and explain it, others may do it different or better ?

First of any listing field, that has multiple options, such as drop downs I always build them first as a | Data Entry | and then I build the Listing Field from that by selecting the Link To Data Entries in the Listing Field options, regardless of if it is going to be a multi level field or not. This makes it easier to edit or add new entries to field rather than working in the Listing Field by itself.

So as an example lets say ? I want to sell items and they can be new or secondhand and lets say on the secondhand listing field option I want to add the items condition / rating, I would take these steps.

1. I would create a Data Entry Called Condition Rating, and in that I would add two entries, New & Secondhand.

2. I would create a listing field called Condition Rating and I would use the Link to Data Entries option to link them both together. * You can just edit the Data Entry from here on in to edit any listing fields.

3. Next to create a new level go to your Multi Field / Geo Filter and create a Addition to existing data entry, and pick Condition Rating, Now in Multi Level this will now allow you to add to any of the levels you made in the first Data Entry, so you can now add to the Secondhand option a new set of options such as, As New, Good, Fair, Worn Etc.

You can add as many different levels down as you want to go and use any number of combinations, once you have built a simple one and see how they work you will be fine to build most anything.

* when you add new levels it will name them with a version number of the original in your content boxes section, so just rename them to what you want.

Now as in this example if they select secondhand, then the next option box will drop down offering the next level of options.

Please yell out if this is not what you were looking to do ? / meant ?
    Last edited by Brian Jester; February 12, 2021 at 02:03 AM.
    Thank you - Your Welcome
    Brian

Hello Brian,

What about this thread: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ghlight=filter

you need to manually create multi-field items starting with the Cats, Dog and Fish

then go to manage Cat parent item and add Food, Toys, and so on.

Drop down menu editing

Hello, can you edit the drop down menu fields in the admin panel? Trying to find a way to remove/add and edit the dropdown menu options. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello,

These items are from Data Entries section: Common > Data Entries > Length Units > Manage

and this entry is used in your listing fields 'Square Feet' and 'Lot Size'
    Last edited by Rudi; November 2, 2021 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramu Palanisamy View Post
    Hi ,

Geo filter / multi level plugin not added in Demo site. But they linked with Listing fields with other Listing fields. Please find below image.

Attachment 1915Attachment 1916Attachment 1917

See this linked : http://realty.demoflynax.com/united-...ut-a-form.html

Please guide me
    Hi friends,

I am Still Not able to understand this ....If anyone knows guide me.

Flynax not used any Data Entry or Multi Field / Geo Filter system Here. (See attached image)

Q2_1.JPG

Q2_2.JPG

One filled Property for * Sale or Rent

If we select Sale there is No Rental Period. filed

but

If we select Rent its showing Rental Period filed (See attached images) (YOU check it on the real estate demo site)

Q2_3.JPG

Q2_4.JPG

if we create new listing filed using Radio buttons not able Link to Data Entries which has muli level. But if we create new listing filed using Dropdown we can able Link to Data Entries which has muli level.

Why its not working with Radio buttons and how it's working for Flynax team is there any Programming code inside they did? Please Guide me

Ram

Hi friends,

Flynax not used any Data Entry or Multi Field / Geo Filter system Here. (See attached image)

Attachment 4633

Attachment 4634

but

If we select Rent its showing Rental Period filed (See attached images) (YOU check it on the real estate demo site)

Attachment 4635

Attachment 4636

if we create new listing filed using Radio buttons not able Link to Data Entries which has muli level. But if we create new listing filed using Dropdown we can able Link to Data Entries which has muli level.

Why its not working with Radio buttons and how it's working for Flynax team is there any Programming code inside they did? Please Guide me

Ram

Do you use the booking plugin? I would presume this works via that.

If you check the demo and go to admin/listing types/property there is a booking section with options which is related to the booking plugin

I could be wrong but just a thought
    Last edited by Chris Brown; June 25, 2022 at 09:37 AM.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Brown View Post
    Do you use the booking plugin? I would presume this works via that.

If you check the demo and go to admin/listing types/property there is a booking section with options which is related to the booking plugin

I could be wrong but just a thought
    Hi Chris Brown , I checked the booking plugin..this for book the dates like from to date i can stay or rent. Not related to Data Entry or Multi Field / Geo Filter. Here Flynax team used time frame or somthing... But not sure.

Hi friends,

Attachment 4633

Attachment 4634

but

Attachment 4635

Attachment 4636

Ram
    Hi Flynax Team,

Can you please explain about this? How you have created and why its not working for users?

This is the only field (Property for) that has a dependency from another field (rental period) and you can't change it via admin because it's a built-in function

If you need to change its behavior refer to this thread: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ight=sale+rent

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    This is the only field (Property for) that has a dependency from another field (rental period) and you can't change it via admin because it's a built-in function

If you need to change its behavior refer to this thread: https://forum.flynax.com/showthread....ight=sale+rent
    Thank You Rudi

+ Reply to Thread