+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to link Listing fields with other Listing fields?

how to link Listing fields with other Listing fields?

Hi,

I want to know how to link Listing fields with other Listing fields?

For Example : I am adding property for Sale and Rent. For sales some fields needs to show & for rent other fields in submit form. How to do this?

Please check this below link here for rent ''Rent time frame'' showing only if I select rent field.

http://realty.demoflynax.com/united-...ut-a-form.html

Regards,
    Ramu

Guru
    You will need to look at the geo filter / multi level plugin to do this, there is a guide here some where if you do a search.

Thank you Pete Young. But I am not able to find this ''geo filter / multi level plugin"'. if you know any link from flynax please guide me. Thanks

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramu Palanisamy View Post
    Thank you Pete Young. But I am not able to find this ''geo filter / multi level plugin"'. if you know any link from flynax please guide me. Thanks
    http://www.flynax.com/plugins/location-filter.html

http://forum.flynax.com/showthread.p...ocation+Filter

Thank you very much for your help...Pete Young

Hi ,

Geo filter / multi level plugin not added in Demo site. But they linked with Listing fields with other Listing fields. Please find below image.

j1.JPGj2.JPGj3.JPG

See this linked : http://realty.demoflynax.com/united-...ut-a-form.html

Please guide me

I have suggested this method
    I like how the created

I make my strongest website

I dont know how to create this link Listing fields with other Listing fields. I tried with Geo filter / multi level plugin but its not working as demo site.

If anyone know please guide me.

Guru
    I need to go to work, but will do a quick guide later tonight for you.
    Getting Started or Starting Over with Your Classified Site? then Get Ready Set Fly V 4.7.1 > quietSecrets.net

Guru
    Hello Ramu, this is the way I do it and explain it, others may do it different or better ?

First of any listing field, that has multiple options, such as drop downs I always build them first as a | Data Entry | and then I build the Listing Field from that by selecting the Link To Data Entries in the Listing Field options, regardless of if it is going to be a multi level field or not. This makes it easier to edit or add new entries to field rather than working in the Listing Field by itself.

So as an example lets say ? I want to sell items and they can be new or secondhand and lets say on the secondhand listing field option I want to add the items condition / rating, I would take these steps.

1. I would create a Data Entry Called Condition Rating, and in that I would add two entries, New & Secondhand.

2. I would create a listing field called Condition Rating and I would use the Link to Data Entries option to link them both together. * You can just edit the Data Entry from here on in to edit any listing fields.

3. Next to create a new level go to your Multi Field / Geo Filter and create a Addition to existing data entry, and pick Condition Rating, Now in Multi Level this will now allow you to add to any of the levels you made in the first Data Entry, so you can now add to the Secondhand option a new set of options such as, As New, Good, Fair, Worn Etc.

You can add as many different levels down as you want to go and use any number of combinations, once you have built a simple one and see how they work you will be fine to build most anything.

* when you add new levels it will name them with a version number of the original in your content boxes section, so just rename them to what you want.

Now as in this example if they select secondhand, then the next option box will drop down offering the next level of options.

Please yell out if this is not what you were looking to do ? / meant ?
    Last edited by Pete Young; November 4, 2016 at 01:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread