+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: membership plans help undestanding

Made me think something.

If a membership plan has a live time of 30 days. And a listing plan has a live time of 60 days. When the membership plan expires after 30 days, will the listing plan continue living or will it expire to along with membership plan?

Guru
    ? I do not know the answer to that, but for my money I would not mix the 2 options as all you are going to do is confuse the member, just use all membership plans if using membership, and if not then use listing plans and packages but not together.

listing plans i need to set expire on listings. I have them for free.. 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and 360 days. Membership plan i have set to unlimited. But the unlimited has limited posting listings amount.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil Asani View Post
    listing plans i need to set expire on listings. I have them for free.. 7 days, 14 days, 30 days and 360 days. Membership plan i have set to unlimited. But the unlimited has limited posting listings amount.
    not quite correct, these can be set to unlimited as well by adding a zero to the count the same as you would in a listing plan / package

unlimited membership plan gives status expired on front end. Why is that?

Guru
    Unlimited time or number of listings ? there are 2 unlimited options if it has expired then a guess is that you do not have unlimted time / and or when that plan was first creted and put into play / tested it was / had a time period and because of that it has held the membership options when first selected, try setting your settings and repurchasing the plan ( have your $ set to zero or sand box )

i put zero where it says live for. And i tried to renew, and it kept saying expired. so i just put 99999. and now it says unlimited.

Guru
    maybe take some pictures of where you putting the zero and secondly if this was set up before then you would need to select a new membership plan to get the new settings it will not update the old membership plan ?

please create a new one then change membership plans and again take some pictures if it does not work.

* If Possible explain exactly what you are tyring to create and exactly what part is going wrong please
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 3, 2016 at 10:37 AM.

I have only 1 account type on site. And i want to create a free membership plan for this account, that is free. I set up unlimited everywhere i can, so the listing plan can control the outcome of listings. But when i try to publish an ad, it says renew your membership plan, for it has expired. I tried to hit the renew button, but it remains expired. I added a new plan with same specs, and nothing changed.

Untitled.jpgUntitledd.jpg

PS. If i dont create membership plans at all for the 1 account type i have created, will the listing plan function and posting work?

Guru
    Ok sure, I think you may have initially made this entry with a time period ? if so try this, create a second membership plan, set it up the way you want it and give it a new name, then save.

open up from your user admin panel and select to change the package and select the newly created package and all should be good. You can then delete the first package.

+ Reply to Thread