+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: membership plans help undestanding

membership plans help undestanding

i need to understand membership plans. If i created unlimited plan for free with 5 listings. Does it mean that the user has only 5 listing to spend in the time of plan existent or does it mean user has 5 at the time. Meaning if user has spend 5 listings, then need to delete one to post again?

Guru
    I will write a more complete guide shortly, but when you say unlimited I am guessing you mean in terms of time period ? and that you have 5 allocated listings to that plan.

With membership and if it is at 5 listing then at any one time there can be a maximum of 5 listings only, this would include any paused listings into that number.

If the user wanted to add another listing over and above this they would need to upgrade to a higher membership plan which would enable more listings or they would need to delete one or more of any existing listings to clear some room up to add the new listings.

NOTE: I am not sure why you have set unlimited time period, as in effect what could and probably would happen is people would sign up and just leave things there for eternity, it could be a problem over a longer period of time where you were slowly swamped with worthless listings that are no longer relevant / active / outdated. just a thought and it may be to even set your time for 1 year, this way if people do not come back, forgotten about a listing, it can be purged from the system just leaving active users / listings in place.

I thought that if you have 5 free listing. You can only use it 5 times, after that you can't do anything else, other than buy a new plan. Or used other plan that has unlimited usage.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I thought that if you have 5 free listing. You can only use it 5 times, after that you can't do anything else, other than buy a new plan. Or used other plan that has unlimited usage.
    If you use a listing plan you can only use it 5 times within the allotted time frame, that is correct, however with a membership plan you can re use them as often as you want. A slight difference between them both.

You can test this in the examples in flynax by setting up a membership plan, and giving it a whirl.

What about if a user wants to upgrade to a dealer account with dealer access such as own page, link etc. Does it mean they have to register again?

Since in my site only dealers have unique links, and pages.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil Asani View Post
    What about if a user wants to upgrade to a dealer account with dealer access such as own page, link etc. Does it mean they have to register again?
    Since in my site only dealers have unique links, and pages.
    OK sure, that is an entirely different setting to the listing plan option, and yes as it stands if you have a dealer (seller) and a buyers account types, then yes the only way they can make the move is by sighing up again, or if the user sends an email to admin they can edit the account type in the back end.

This was something asked for a while back, but has never been introduced (as of yet)

Further to this (In My View Only) the whole concept of buyer / seller is waste of time given that it is to to difficult to swap over is a complete waste of time, and you are better off renaming the seller account to < members > or something similar to that and the de activating the buyers account all together so every body is under the one account, that way people can choose to add or not add listings which I think was part of the original thinking behind it.

As for the sellers page you can then choose to not show it in the menu, meaning any one can look up the selers other items if they still wish to do so and everything still works with out any hassle of people needing to re sign.

If you really wanted to create that one group could sell and others could not that can be done in membership now with one of the membership options to add listings.

The membership option still has bugs / such as if you just have one option such as add a listing and it is left unchecked you get an error in the display text / also keep an eye out if you email verification set as this will no longer work with membership and is another fault as to which at this stage still has not been fixed, so you will need to reset registration to have auto log in / post and put up with some spam or have it set to admin to approve the account ?

This part is still a bit of a mess but will look at some of the temp work arounds until this is fixed.

All in all the membership option (for me anyway seems fantastic)

yell out if you have more questions.

i am actually thinking of having only 1 account type. Which i thought was more easy. But membership plan confused me a little. Specially the part about if you put unlimited time and 5 listings. I wanted it to be 5 listings at the time, which you wrote that it was. So that is great. This will give me the option to have only 1 account type. And user will be able to upgrade if they want more then 5 at the time etc. Now it makes sense.

Now just have to think if i should give everybody their own page and special link. Does these parts load the system, or it does not matter?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fadil Asani View Post

Now just have to think if i should give everybody their own page and special link. Does these parts load the system, or it does not matter?
    yes that part will be fine and will all work well, you can set it for a sub directory or a sub domain and you can read more about it here /

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...0323#post10323

Is there a way to put some info on the left to package options. example

Listing live for: Unlimited
    Listings at the time: 5 Listings
    etc
    etc

Guru
    That should show automatic when viewed, it will or should show active perion, number of listing available etc etc, if you wanted to add more information you could create a content box and add it t the page or the info section in the mebership plan should show up, but for some reason in my setting / theme it does not and is faulty, your might be ok.

+ Reply to Thread