+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [V4.5.0] Subcategories by Users

[V4.5.0] Subcategories by Users

What's the use of Subcategories by Users section under categories? How this is implemented in front end?

Hello Manivannan Chinnaswamy,

I think you want to allow users to add subcategories through front end.
    You should enable config in: Admin Panel >> Listing Types click edit find line: Allow users to add subcategories and set Yes.
    Then go to Admin Panel >> Categories find category where you want to allow add new categories and click edit icon. Then find line: Allow users to add subcategories and set YES and save.

If you want allow to add subcategories for users you should set YES in 2 places
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Question help

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Manivannan Chinnaswamy,

I think you want to allow users to add subcategories through front end.
    You should enable config in: Admin Panel >> Listing Types click edit find line: Allow users to add subcategories and set Yes.
    Then go to Admin Panel >> Categories find category where you want to allow add new categories and click edit icon. Then find line: Allow users to add subcategories and set YES and save.

If you want allow to add subcategories for users you should set YES in 2 places
    hi how do I allow all categories to allow add subcategories at once

Hello,

You need to tick Include subcategories in front of the setting 'Users add subcategories'

Hello,

I know about the above, and all works fine, But a customer can only add a single sub-category and that's it. What about if a customer wants to add a main category and then enter a sub-category to that main category? That's what I need?

Example: Customer ads the category FORD, then he has the opportunity to add the make of that FORD!

Would this require custom work by (flynax) to get a customer to add a category, and then another category attached to the one he just entered? or am I missing something because I cant add another category that's pinned to the one I just added as a customer at the moment.

That would be very handy if I can achieve that.

Cheers

Guru
    I tried this before, you cannot ad main category to a l8sting type, only second level categories.
    Unless rudi has some fix for this.

By default, the script doesn't allow to do it

it will require a customization

+ Reply to Thread