+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Version Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Jenő Kocsi View Post
    It means that the script can be used with php 7.4 already, it is worth using it. Most hosting providers already use php 7.4 and even have php 8.0.
    Yes, I know that. I was asking if the core code has been rewritten for PHP 7.4 which is very different to simply being able to run on PHP 7.4. As I said previously, a Flynax developer has told me the script is currently written for PHP 5.6 (which is old and outdated and doesn't support the new functionality available in PHP 7.4 including scalability).

Guru
    It will take a long long time to rewrite the core code for php7.4.
    Im sure they just adapt it so its compatible.

Did you know that PHP 5 was invented in 27 years ago in 1994.

Probably, back in the days when some of you were in diapers.

Eventually, the entire script needs to be rewritten

As I understand, it has been a long time since that has happed?

This is probably why many newer features cannot be added to the script.

Probably, can be added but with greater difficulty.

I imagine other competitors are rewriting their scripts right now using all up-to-date coding.

Nowadays, the market will go to modern written scripts.
    Last edited by Joe Can; July 4, 2021 at 03:27 AM.

In my opinion, the Flynax payment structure needs to change to encourage development.
    Currently, updates are free for existing users and thus reducing development dollars.

One strategy used by a competitor (Sobi) was to end the development to its current script except for bug fixes and develop a brand new product.
    The new product was released with new Term & Conditions allowing for payments for upgrades thus promoting development.
    Basically, their first script reached its end of life.

Another strategy used by a gaming company is a bit more complicated.
    To explain, I will use Flynax's FAQs and News plugins which are both free.
    The two plugins are added to the script and free for all to use like now.
    However, they will release an advanced plugin for FAQs and News that contains advanced features.
    These advanced plugins are very popular and players pay billions of gold pieces to buy them.
    Now, the gaming company has announced another new product called "Runescape Remastered"
    Last edited by Joe Can; July 4, 2021 at 04:34 AM.

I was simply trying to find out what "Support for PHP 7.4 added" means on this page https://blog.flynax.com/flynax-4-8-2-update/ . I still don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Philip King View Post
    I was simply trying to find out what "Support for PHP 7.4 added" means on this page https://blog.flynax.com/flynax-4-8-2-update/ . I still don't know.
    It simply means that you can now use php 7.4 if you use Flynax 4.8.2. Mean fully compatible.

Basically, "Support for" means Flynax made your Model T legal to drive on country roads.

However, it does not mean you can drive your Model T on interstate highways.

For example, I just tested the following software on Google PageSpeed Insights:

- WordPress: 98
    - Joomla: 90
    - Flynax 4.8.2: 56
    - Flynax 4.8.1: 46

I imagine another "Support for 8.0" coming soon as PHP 7.4 is only actively supported for 4 more months (28 Nov 2021)

Because each PHP version has a 3-year end of life, software companies need to fully rewrite their script every 3 years.

So as long as we get "Free" updates you will continue to sport your Model T on country roads.

What to race?

Above, I am NOT saying the Flynax software is bad software.
    In fact, it is one of the best on the market.

Master
    For me, somehow Flynax 4.8.2 light years is faster than Joomla and wordpress

Jen,

I am someone who believes absolutely nothing I do not personally see with my own eyes, especially, anything shown online.

The following tests I personally performed on my own all of which were hosted on my SiteGround account:

- WordPress: 98
    - Joomla: 90
    - Flynax 4.8.2: 56
    - Flynax 4.8.1: 46

I also tested Joomla with someone's script on it and it performed the same as Flynax 4.8.1.
    Therefore, it all has to do with the coding of the script added to Joomla or WordPress.

Glad to hear that Flynax will be looking at Optimizing its script in the next couple of updates.

+ Reply to Thread