+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Better explanation of Membership Plans in 4.5?

Better explanation of Membership Plans in 4.5?

I read the changelog for 4.5, including the section on Membership Plans but it's confusing. Can someone clear up what exactly is the difference between Membership Plans and Listing Packages? And can you give examples of how or why you would use Membership Plans?

Thank you,
    Ron

Can anyone reply to this?

Thanks,
    Ron

Flynax developer
    Hello,

Membership plan associated with account and allow your client use additional services; listing plan to affect exclusively on a specific listing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
    Hello,

Membership plan associated with account and allow your client use additional services; listing plan to affect exclusively on a specific listing.
    Hi,

Is there a manual for it? I created a membership plan for buyer in classified ads flynax demo and couldn't find a way to access it from buyer account front end. How do I make use of this membership feature exactly?
    And what is the difference between account type and membership?

Thanks

Guru
    from what I have read, you would not use membership plans ? and I may be wrong, but it seems you can opt when becoming a member do things like have any images you upload displayed if you belong to that membership ( as an example - "View pictures: You can prevent users from viewing pictures of listing owners until they sign up and pay for the service;"), now I am not sure if I would want to pay extra to be able to show my images, when every other known site lists images for free, and the same with most if not all of the other options, that are completely wasted at the membership level and would not be used.

The only one that may have some benefit, is the last one "Featured account: Accounts with a featured status will be shown in a separate box;" this could be something that would work, but again at membership / account level it seems complicated.

I understand where flynax were going with this, but these options needed to remain and expand in the listing plans, and in such also extend out to include plugins and or not etc with the membership left alone and simple to use, now with paid memberships and with paid listing it gets a little messy, just my thoughts.

for those asking where to read more > http://blog.flynax.com/2016/flynax-45-update.html

Thanks Pete,

I have read the update article. How exactly can user access a membership plan. There is no instruction on this from the article

Guru
    I have no Idea but guessing it would be on joining up as a user you would select ? but then if it is timed then do people need to reapply or go through sign up every time ? will look at the demos later to see if I can sort how it works ?

The option of a membership expiring is on the surface a good thing even if it is free as it could solve the problem of managing inactive accounts ?
    Last edited by Pete Young; April 25, 2016 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    I have no Idea but guessing it would be on joining up as a user you would select ? but then if it is timed then do people need to reapply or go through sign up every time ? will look at the demos later to see if I can sort how it works ?
    Much appreciate it. I have tried the demo with no luck.

Guru
    The settings are under monetisation, and they are set similar to listing plans ? this in itself seems confusing in that both membership and plans have the same options, so it seems very unclear or a conflict of interest between the two / how they are supposed to work together, I tried setting one up but it would not let me complete the membership plan as I needed to add a turkish name but could not access the option to add it, so just repeated errors ?

you can turn the options off in the membership plans in another tab, so maybe free turn them all off and just use the plan option but this would enable people to reset a renewal date ? but how that works just yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    The settings are under monetisation, and they are set similar to listing plans ? this in itself seems confusing in that both membership and plans have the same options, so it seems very unclear or a conflict of interest between the two / how they are supposed to work together, I tried setting one up but it would not let me complete the membership plan as I needed to add a turkish name but could not access the option to add it, so just repeated errors ?

you can turn the options off in the membership plans in another tab, so maybe free turn them all off and just use the plan option but this would enable people to reset a renewal date ? but how that works just yet ?
    Yes like I said, I have tried creating a few membership plan with prices $0, $2, etc. But I have no idea how user can purchase them. They are no where to be found. I tried it on flynax demo site

+ Reply to Thread