+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Flynax 4.X and Invision Board 4.x Cross Login functionality

Flynax 4.X and Invision Board 4.x Cross Login functionality FAILURE

Dear members,

On 25 Aug 2015, i started my collaboration with flynax. I asked them if it's possible to create a cross login/register authentication system with invision board.
    I suggested them to use IPS Connect, the proprietary method of Invision Board to allow external scripts to use the member database for cross login functionality. They went on another "patchy' way, i didn't mind, as long as the purpose was met.

The flynax team answer was:
    Hello Alexandru,

This customization will cost you 350USD.

Thank you,
    Curtis
    Flynax Company

Fine, they started working on this.

It's 31st of March 2016 now
    We are on the last step, where i asked them, please, synchronize all accounts from invision board to flynax, so that all members can log in with their account and password on both platforms.

Alan, answers me that this is not possible. All members will have to first login on the forum and only then they will be able to log in on flynax. Or.. alternatively, i could send all 45.000 members an email to change their password and wait for them to do it.

I find this solution which i was never told about until now very very disappointing and far from the purpose of the cross login feature.

Would you be a satisfied customer if you were in my situation? Would you find this cross login feature that you waited for, tested and paid for valuable for your money and time? How would you cope with the situation where they answer you " there is nothing to be done, please choose either to send all members an email to reset their password or tell them to log in first on the forum, then on flynax"?
    Last edited by nonibanacu; March 31, 2016 at 08:06 AM.

Guru
    Most Invision people would probably understand that if they want to use the new flynax / classified system and for the protection / security of their own accounts that a small update process would be needed for them to use the new option, seems like a reasonable thing to do, if you explain it properly in an email most would be happy, the flip side if people accessed their passwords without permission they would be upset one would guess.

I think its reasonable to 1st login in the forum. Its not that big deal, in my opinion. At least the cross function is functioning.

I'm not asking if it's reasonable for the members to make another step in the login process.

I'm asking if it's reasonable to be told by the flynax team at the last step of the cross login implementation that actually, the cross login is limited by this 'first login in the forum'. It's not reasonable at all and it proves that the written cross login code is simply not good enough.

update: after i asked for a more thorough solution to be found because it;s simply unacceptable, the told me that the next week they will find a solution... i'm still hoping
    Last edited by nonibanacu; April 3, 2016 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nonibanacu View Post
    I'm not asking if it's reasonable for the members to make another step in the login process.

I'm asking if it's reasonable to be told by the flynax team at the last step of the cross login implementation that actually, the cross login is limited by this 'first login in the forum'. It's not reasonable at all and it proves that the written cross login code is simply not good enough.

update: after i asked for a more thorough solution to be found because it;s simply unacceptable, the told me that the next week they will find a solution... i'm still hoping
    My answer still stand. From what I understand, you meant that only your old 45,000 forum member need to make this step, new user doesn't correct? So its reasonable for the old user to login again to sync their account to flynax.

Now you sounds like user has to login to forum everytime to be able to log into flynax, I'm confused.
    " I'm not asking if it's reasonable for the members to make another step in the login process."

Member should only log into forum once for the 1st time

So its reasonable for the old user to login again to sync their account to flynax.
    No, it is not reasonable for a paid service.

Wei Hong, to make myself clear, I haven't been warned that this would be a compromise solution from the start, so i accepted to pay for the cross login functionality thinking that it would be a full cross login functionality, not just a patchy way to allow 'easier access' for members to log in.

Right now they are working on fixing this patchy solution... so they were reasonable enough to realize that they can improve the service i paid for.

I'm sorry I don't fully get you. So does the cross login functionality works for new users?
    In any case, you have the right to complain if you're not satisfied with the service. Its different for different people. For example in my case, I only have 2 members in my newly created invision board. And I made the same request as yours, paid the same amount of money and got the same function. Except one thing, Flynax doesn't have to do an extra step as to sync the invision board user to flynax.

But then again, every case could be different, and I hope you get what you want.

+ Reply to Thread