+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up!

I give up!

I have wasted not only my money but countless sleepless nights trying to make sense of this software only to get "so close" to having a working and functioning end product but not quite. After beating my head against a brick wall, I finally made the unwise decision to go public with my site - only to realize there were still some major issues that needed to be corrected but of course which are impossible to correct despite staying up for countless more nights bashing my head against that familiar brick wall. So here I am left with a more than promising website with a handful of eager and ready customers and yet I cannot make heads or tails of what needs to be done to correct the issues that I need corrected. I just wasted another afternoon manually deleting 12 pages of countries so that all that would be remaining would be the USA. My rationale thought was that by doing so, the "choose your location" on the home page would list only US locations - WRONG! After spending all afternoon manually deleting 12 pages of countries, the "choose your location" search button on the home page stlll includes every city from every country that i just wasted an entire afternoon manually deleting!!! This is absurd! And I am sorry but I am not spending "wasting" another dime on paid support when I got absolutely nothing out of the free month of support to begin with. This is a joke and I am disgusted with myself for getting sucked in to begin with. Back to bashing my head against brick walls with the plethora of other software / scripts on the market - many of which I've already wasted my money on before taking the plunge and purchasing this garbage.

Thats Disappointing but im surprised

I originally purchased the software 3 years ago with the intent on starting a business and sadly got bogged down in my career and put on hold. I am now working with friends and rebuilding the site from scratch. There is no script perfect for every business out there in cyber land and a little knowledge and head banging will always be the order of the day.

I can honestly say I have found the guys and girls at Flynax to have been nothing but helpful over the last two months and although I have paid for some of the customizations on the site, we have carried out most of the painstaking work into the late hours. yes we had problems, yes we hit brick walls by time but with a little patience and dedication we got through 99% of the problems or figured out a workaround.

We are almost ready to go live and have done at least a thousand hours work and the folks at flynax have answered almost every question we asked without charge and when we charged for customizations we couldn't figure out, the price was as expected for the work carried out and was carried out in a timely manner.
    In relation to the countries and deleting them all one by one. Seems like an odd move as you could have deleted the data entry in one go and then reinstalled a new data entry for countries with just the country you wanted and imported the states and cities.

I have seen many problems on the forums that are not actually problems with the software and more with the user (not blaming you). The software is very deep and very detailed and takes a while to figure out. Yes there are little bugs in it but you soon figure them out and work around them or with a little knowledge and fixing them in the CSS or FTP.

So sadly I cant say I share your view and that's just my experience. Our site should go live in about 30 days with a few more tweaks www.cheapdeals.ie.

So a big thanks to Curtis, Viktor, Nick, Valery, Rudi, Mike, John and the folks at Flynax.

regards

Niall Boylan
    Last edited by Niall Boylan; February 25, 2016 at 03:00 AM.

Hello Dana Patterson,

Would you please explain to us step by step what is wrong with your site? May be need some explanation of some points? May be some changes or fixes? Who know our script can say you that Flynax is easy for understanding. You should know what do you want to see after end all configurations and customizations.
    We wanna help to all our clients create own business.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

I apologize for my tantrum

I apologize for my tantrum earlier! I have been so stressed out trying to finalize this site - not getting much rest and just all around an emotional mess! It's not like me to be so bitter and ugly so please forgive my earlier outbursts. Let me start over and express my 'rant' in a more adult fashion. .. Okay my site is ASPListings.com I have gotten it this far without any professional input and that is saying alot because I have ZERO computer language knowledge or experience. I can type and that is about it LOL So this has been a very long, painful, tedious process to get this far. I'm almost done but I am stuck at the final few needed fixes. They are as follows:

1) I can't figure out how to get rid of the title text showing up on all of the images - its also showing up on my logo

2) My site covers several US States. So I need for their to be a "search feature" on the home page where a user can search for "Colorado" listings; or "Utah" listings, etc. and be shown only those listings relevant to his search.

3. Least important and not crucial at all - I would like to change the color scheme of my site to a black background with red and white menu / fonts etc. This I can live without but would prefer.

The first two items are a must have and I can't figure out how to accomplish. Help??

Thank you and I apologize for my earlier tantrum.

Dana

I feel your pain! I have very similar problems with Countries, I also ended up manually deleting one by one as I only need Europe now nothing seems to work. I am also losing the will to live! I knew this would be a big learning curve for a novice although I do use PHP for my other 3 websites with no problems at all, this is just very very complex, far more than i anticipated. :-(

Guru
    People should not be deleting countries as it is not needed, just deactivate anything you do not need. should take no more than a few minutes to run down the page and do that to all countries other than what you need to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    People should not be deleting countries as it is not needed, just deactivate anything you do not need. should take no more than a few minutes to run down the page and do that to all countries other than what you need to use.
    Wrong! I tried to simply "deactivate" the countries I wasn't needing and it took twice as long to "click" on the "inactivate" then click off to the left of the column in order for that "inactivate" to stick. bascially three clicks per country and 12 pages of countries - would have taken me all day rather than all afternoon. There should be a 'check box to check all' and then select "inactivate" to do all at once but there is not such an option.

Can you delete the whole thing and create a new one with only data you need? Would it be faster?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Patterson View Post
    Wrong! I tried to simply "deactivate" the countries I wasn't needing and it took twice as long to "click" on the "inactivate" then click off to the left of the column in order for that "inactivate" to stick. bascially three clicks per country and 12 pages of countries - would have taken me all day rather than all afternoon. There should be a 'check box to check all' and then select "inactivate" to do all at once but there is not such an option.
    ? Sorry it took you so long, was just speaking from experience where it was half an hour tops if that, maybe things have changed since I done it.

Almost same thing Here :(

I have been fixing bugs for 3 years now since i have purchased the software
    i feel that i was 3 years of my life and damages my health for nothing

But i think the biggest problem is ( you want to be professional site , but when you are online and your site start to work great , you got 3000 member and top ranks keyword with 1st page of google and lose all of this because of small bug - specially when you go to flynax tech toask for help and you find them offline or in week end !!!! and the result = losing 6 month hard work )

Regards for everyone

+ Reply to Thread