+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Host removing support for PHP 5.2

Host removing support for PHP 5.2

Hi,

My site is still on Flynax 3.2 and my web host is pulling support for PHP 5.2. I have an app handler line in the .htaccess to tell it to use PHP5.2, but when I remove this, all I get is

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/control.inc.php on line 28
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/control.inc.php on line 29
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/control.inc.php on line 44
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/control.inc.php on line 45
    Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/control.inc.php:28) in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/control.inc.php on line 23
    Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/classes/reefless.class.php on line 62

I have been able to remove the first 5 messages by replacing references to '=& new' with '= new', but if I try to do this with the last error in reefless.class.php my website just goes to an Error 500.

Can anyone help?

Mark

Hello Mark,

Would you please send ftp access to my PM I will try to fix it ASAP.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

I sent through the FTP details to you. Did you get them ok?

Thanks,

Mark

Hello Mark,

I got your access and it is correct. But I don't see any errors. How and where can I see errors on your site. Would you please explain me better.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

Yes, the website works ok today because my web host supports PHP 5.2 and I have this line at the top of my htaccess file

AddHandler application/x-httpd-php52 .php

Soon, my web host will remove PHP 5.2 from the server, so my website will only use PHP 5.3 by default. If you comment the line out by adding a '#' to the start and refresh my website you only get this error message

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home2/skiletti/public_html/includes/classes/reefless.class.php on line 62

I'm happy for you to add the # to recreate the issue, but I didn't want to leave it in that state

Thanks,

Mark

Hi Viktor,

Do you think you would be able to take a look tomorrow? My host have given me short notice and they may be removing PHP 5.2 tomorrow which would take my website offline. Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks again,

Mark

Hello Mark,

I have fixed errors. Please check your site.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Thanks Viktor, you are a rock-star :-)

I got an emai from someone using the site that got this error when uploading images to their listing

Flynax license violation detected!
    You are not allowed to use Flynax Software on this domain, please contact Flynax Owners to resolve the issue.

Would this be ok now?

Thanks,

Mark

They emailed back to say it is ok now. Could they have got that message while you were changing files perhaps?

Hello Mark,

Yes this message showed 5-10 minutes
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread