+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Creation of default account

Exclamation Creation of default account

1. user clicks on sell a car
    2. user selects a plan (available for the dealer only)
    3. user fills in information
    4. user tries to upload a picture or skips this step
    5. page redirects logged in user to the main page to select a model of a car.

why? because plan was selected for the seller, and account created by default is a dealers account.

so:

- either I should have a radio button that allows user to select which kind of acocunt they want to create prior to selecting a plan (so that the dealers can select their account type when clicking on 'sell a car' button)
    - or please tell me how to set to create a seller type account when clicking on sell a car button

Guru
    A buyers and sellers account is old fashioned, in that / flynax can not at this stage allow you to swap or select user accounts. It was suggested that this would be set up in the new version but I do not think it was done.

Regardless just de activate one of the user accounts to just one and re name it members account that way people can log in and do what ever they want with no need to swap accounts.

Let me rephrase this:
    I have two types of plans one for sellers second for dealers only and I have set automatic login after registration for both users. When the client (not registered) clicks on the "sell a car" button, plan for the buyer/seller appears. This is fine, so logically this will be a buyer/seller account. In the next step client selects sign up option and provides login and email. After clixking the next button, account gets created, user is logged in BUT account type is dealer. So why, even though buyer/seller plan was provided, user gets a dealer account? This causes couple more issues like:

- payments dont get through as the client paid for seller/byuer account and not dealer which he/she became

Guru
    There is a default setting for new users that can be selected, so regardless of what they select in the first part they will be allocated a dealer account becuase guessing that what you have set as the default account / new account is created.

The client doesnt have to select anything when pressing "sell a car" button, they are presented buyer/seller plan straight away. So the question is: where/how can I change the default account during the registration. When the buyer/seller plan is presented it is logicall that buyer/seller account should be created so why does it create dealer account?

Guru
    http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...without-signup

I think covers the same problem that you are having ?

In your admin panel go to configurations > listings > Account type assigned by default to find the settings your looking for.
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 10, 2015 at 05:04 PM.

No it doenst cover the problem, problem here is different.

1. There is no such option- "In your admin panel go to configurations > listings > Account type assigned by default to find the settings your looking for." (screenshot attached) Screen Shot 2015-07-10 at 20.20.55.jpg
    2. Once again, if I have a listing plan, with a checkbox set only for buyer/seller, and it shows right after clicking 'sell a car' button, then it would mean that the client will be treated as a buyer/seller. So why on earth, on the second page, after filling up details for signup, user gets their account created as a dealer?!

you are in the wrong menu
    flynax8.jpg
    read trough the previous answers again and it should make sense

... BUT a simple checkbox for account type on the quick registration field would be nice, I agree

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Client_uk View Post
    No it doenst cover the problem, problem here is different.

1. There is no such option- "In your admin panel go to configurations > listings > Account type assigned by default to find the settings your looking for." (screenshot attached) Attachment 1378
    2. Once again, if I have a listing plan, with a check box set only for buyer/seller, and it shows right after clicking 'sell a car' button, then it would mean that the client will be treated as a buyer/seller. So why on earth, on the second page, after filling up details for signup, user gets their account created as a dealer?!
    If you read rainers response above you have pulled the trigger to quick and not correctly read what was written, as to logic it is again because there is a default and in this case it seems that dealer seems to be the default and it is logic then that is what happens.

again and in the firing line i will place myself with another reply from you, the user types is old fashioned and one of them needs to be removed and the other just named as members or something like that, then there can be no logic involved. what you do then is apply 2 prices to the listing / category, one a normal price you want people to pay, then for dealers if they have a cheaper price and more cars to list, then create a package that reflects the usage levels and lower pricing, you can even call it the dealers package and or even create a few levels for even bigger dealers.

good luck with it, as if you follow a the original ref you will be able to re set and make some sense of the default user.

If you want to learn even more on setting things up you can read these guides / some of have been here before and are only trying to help out ;-)

register options

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...0323#post10323

Quick register

http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...isting+signing
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 11, 2015 at 02:40 AM.

Wrong, again.

1. If I am given an option to choose which payment plan should be visible for which account type, this means it should work, it is supported, and it is not old fashioned so I want to use it.

So, when I create a payment plan just for user type A (forget buyer seller dealer etc), and plan just for user type B, and THEN I go the 'Sell a car' website and I am being presented plan A -> This means that the account that is just about to get created will be A type.

But shortly after providing signup username and email account that gets created is of type B.
    And this is a bug! and this needs to get fixed.

2. Even after selecting option mentioned by Rainer, this doesnt work as this is a bug

3. Selecting option is broken anyway and needs to be fixed in includes>>classes>>rlCommon.class.php at line ~1035 (version 4.3):

by changing into:
    if($fields[$index]['Default'] == $row) {
    $adapted[$row]['Default'] = 1;
    }

+ Reply to Thread