+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google API KEY or any possible problems with google maps

Google API KEY or any possible problems with google maps

Hi folks,
    Let's talk about Google API Key and what we need it for!
    The Google API Key is the unique key which allows certain domain to use Google Services, such as Google Maps API, Drive API and other.

As you maybe know Flynax uses Google Maps API V3 which doesn't require the APK Key but Flynax also uses such Google Services as Geocoding API
    and Static Maps API, which necessary to define the exact coordinates by address (Location Finder Plugin for example) and to
    display the map preview on the listing details page. BTW displaying map preview (static picture) instead of javascript map on the page prevents page of map
    libraries loading and multiple requests to google servers which makes the page a bit faster.

So we need the Google API Key, how to get it? Here the instruction:
    1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com and log into Google Console Account (Create the account if you don't have it).
    2. Click "Project" button right after google logo, click "Create Project" button in appeared menu. Enter Project name and click "Create".
    3. On the project page go to "Library" section (see sidebar menu)
    4. Find Maps Geocoding API, Maps Javascript API, Places API Web Service and Static Maps API services and enable them.
    5. Now go to "Credentials" section (in sidebar menu) and click "Create Credentials" button and then "API Key" in the dropdown menu, don't use restrictions.
    6. Popup with the "API key" appeared, copy the key
    7. Go to your Flynax Admin Panel >> Configurations >> Google Maps and past the API key in the "Google Browser Key" field.
    8. Go back to the point #5 of this instruction and create one more API key but past it in the "Google Server Key" field in you Flynax Admin Panel.
    9. Save settings.

That's all! Let me know if you still have problems or questions.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by John; March 7, 2017 at 07:55 AM.

I followed all your steps but on the listings details page I'm still getting a blank white box in place where the map thumbnail should be....

yes, same goes for me. I had to remove the code and the map shows. I know its weird.

What do you mean? what code did you remove to make it work?

Sorry I meant the API key, I don't have any google api key on my website and the map still shows ok

Oh my God that worked a treat! Thanks so much man!!

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Adeyemi View Post
    Oh my God that worked a treat! Thanks so much man!!
    Ha ha, I'm glad it helped

Hi there guys,
    Actually Wei Hong is right, you may completely remove the key from the Flynax Settings and the problem will be solved
    but we recommend using the key because of the following article from google:

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...oding/#api_key

John

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hi there guys,
    Actually Wei Hong is right, you may completely remove the key from the Flynax Settings and the problem will be solved
    but we recommend using the key because of the following article from google:

https://developers.google.com/maps/d...oding/#api_key

John
    Hi John,

Thanks for the advice but the problem is we put the key in admin cp and the map is completely blank. We do want to use the key of course.

Hi Wei Hong,
    Probably you also should specify the domain during the key creation, enter your domain in the popup window like this:
    Screen Shot 2015-04-18 at 10.44.15 AM.jpg

Let me know about results please.

john

+ Reply to Thread