+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Google Maps not working

Google Maps not working

Hi Guys.
    I just noticed that Google Maps is not working on my Flynax site. I have the "Listings On Map" and the "Street View" plugins installed ... and they're not working.

Example: I have 10 search results ... the Listings On Map will show only 2 of the results. And when I click on any of those 2 listings, the Map tab and Street View tab are wrong.

Example: I have 5 new listings in the same town, but each listing has a different street address. If I look at Map tab and Street View tab for each of the listings .... they show the same address, and street view, which none of the listings have.

This is not good!!

Anyone having Google Map issues on their end?

Any ideas how to fix this???

Thank you,
    Ron

Hi.
    Can anyone let me know if their Google Maps is working fine? Or are you also seeing discrepancies with different addresses/cities?

There was a new listing on our site, and the Google Map and Street View are working correctly. But the other 5 listings in the one town that have different addresses are still showing the same Street View ... how do I know if this is a Google Maps issue or a Flynax issue?

If I enter the individual addresses into Google Maps directly, it works correctly showing the different Street Views ... but not on my Flynax site.

Any ideas??

Can someone let me know??

Thank you,
    Ron

Okay.
    I think I may have found the problem.

I'm using the Multi-Field plugin for our Locations and it looks like Google Maps is pulling the values from the pre-defined regions (ie. United States > Florida > Miami ... etc) in addition to what the user enters for the "Street Address" and "Zip Code".

This is what's causing the problem, because for the state of New York, I created additional general areas, similar to what Craigslist does, that are entered as the "City" ... and that's throwing Google off.

So .... is there a way that I can edit the code for Google Map, so that it only pulls the regional values for Country and State ... but exclude the "City" field (from the Multi-Field plugin values)?

Anybody know if that can be done? And, if so, how?

Thank you,
    Ron

I experience the same problem and i am not using the multi field/location locator. Anybody could give us some hints on how to fix it ? PLEASEEEEE
    Thank you!

Hello Spinu Alexandru,

I have checked browser map plugin on your site and I couldn't find file: your_site/plugins/browse_map/static/lib.js would you please check it.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Thank you Viktor, somebody from your team managed to fix my problem. Professionalism at its best

+ Reply to Thread