+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mask/replace a url listing field with image

Mask/replace a url listing field with image

Dear flynax supporter,

Is there any way if I can mask/replace an url listing field with an image. I currently has a default field where it show on all listing and i would like to mask/replace that url with a custom image. Similarly, can I do the same with facebook url?

I have attach a screenshot for you to see, I want to transform that url (X) to an image.

Screen Shot 2015-03-12 at 4.16.48 PM.jpg

Guru
    just replace the listing field with a html listing field and add your image and link to that. (you would need to create a folder and add the image to that folder to load it up)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    just replace the listing field with a html listing field and add your image and link to that. (you would need to create a folder and add the image to that folder to load it up)
    I cant find a html listing field on the list. What did I miss? I'm using the newest version

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    I cant find a html listing field on the list. What did I miss? I'm using the newest version
    Admin Panel > Listing Fields > Add A Field

Field Type = TextArea
    HTML Editor = Yes

hi Pete,

Thanks for the idea. Its doable but its not the way I wanted. Because it will required some html knowledge for users. I'd like to wrap all the url within a specific listing field with a specific image automatically.

For example a facebook field, user just need to input their url: www.facebook.com/id1
    Then it will show a facebook image

For a email field, user input abc@def.com
    And it will automatically show an email image.

Guru
    Ok I understand, a bit like adding your twitter of facebook id to a forum account etc, add your url and the icon appears in your profile with a link.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    Ok I understand, a bit like adding your twitter of facebook id to a forum account etc, add your url and the icon appears in your profile with a link.
    Exactly Pete, that is actually what i wanted. Would be nice to have it, right?

+ Reply to Thread