+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SEO - category format

SEO - category format

Hi,

When using sub locations/categories such as: "mysite.com/listings/subcategory/subcategory/subcategory/category-name", Is it possible to use the URL format as: "mysite.com/listings/category-name" instead"? This is more search engine friendly. The URL's can get very long when you are using categories as a location. i.e. : "myste.com/listings/europe/england/east-midlands/leicestershire/leicester/listing-title.htm"

Many thanks,
    Spencer

It would be great too if you could configure the layout of the URL format from the admin panel in a future release. I would like to leave out the "listings" in "mysite.com/listings/category/listing-title.htm". I know you can edit all the PHP code to do this, but you have to edit every plugin that is used on your site, and it gets very complicated when you do a script/plugin update.

If you do a Google search for say a holiday in london, the popular URL's that come first tend to have the format: "travel-site.com/london/holiday-title" , not "travel-site.com/listings/europe/england/london/holiday-title" .

Many thanks for any help.

Hello Spencer,

Yes it is good idea may be but exist 1 thing. Name for 2 or more sub sub sub sub categories can be same different only parent category. And same thing with locations 2 cities with same name may be in 2 countries or in 1 country may be same city name with village. Also user can see all path(way) to last subcategory or location. Yes we will implement it like customization if you have all different names for categories and locations.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll stick with the default sub categories URL format and see how it goes.

Cheers, Spencer

+ Reply to Thread