+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tag Cloud Settings ? Where and How

Guru

Tag Cloud Settings ? Where and How

Searched for any guides but not found ? I have found that search or adding an item to the cloud is how that works but i am lost when it comes to the following

3 ways of tag cloud displaying ? how
    Numerous settings ? where and what
    Gradient tag option ? where

+ default options ? how what where is this, any examples ?

+ I notice this does a any word any order search type thing how do you set it to exact word / is that possible ? I typed in garage sale and it brought up all listing that were " for sale" and nothing to do with garage sale ?

Thanks
    Pete

Edit > found the top 3 in Configurations / feel stupid for not looking there, but still nothing on setting up default options, or setting to exact search type ? still getting masses of unrelated search findings.
    Last edited by Pete Young; November 14, 2014 at 10:29 PM.

Hello Pete,

What version of plugin do you use?

I opened tag cloud settings in demo and I saw many configurations there: Screenshot_6.jpg

Please compare your plugin settings and settings on demo, it is same or may be exist some difference?
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Pete,

What version of plugin do you use?

it is same or may be exist some difference?
    the latest one I think Viktor / i di write that i found that in configurations, but still do not knnow how to set up default settings in the pluggin - or how to set the setting to look for exact or all words any order not just any words ?

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Young View Post
    the latest one I think Viktor / i di write that i found that in configurations, but still do not knnow how to set up default settings in the pluggin - or how to set the setting to look for exact or all words any order not just any words ?
    Guys happy to just read the guide if you could give me a link + re the search query options as getting 90 plus % of unrelated searches is not good / maybe i have this set wrong or something ?

Guru
    Any further help on this ? How do i set the tag search to all words or exact, for example i now have the word garden with suit cases , candles trading cards and just about everything else other than garden in it.

Also It seems to have an error in that I deleted all tags to clean up the system and start again, i then deleted the information from the recycle and reset the cache but the system will not let me rebuild saying that these tags keys already exist ? yest everything has been deleted so for some reason the delete option is not working correctly ?

Guru
    I tried to delete the instalation a then re install it so that I could add the categories again, this still did not clear the tags and they say they still exist, so in effect if a tag is ever deleted it can never be re entered into the system but now it seems to just duplicate the wrong tag every time I select the tags page, and the whole thing is a mess ?

screen home.jpg - home amp.jpg I suppose from here I am not sure / another ticket time

? Can I delete this from the cp and re install it that way ? will that reset saved tags ? or simply where are saved tags stored so i can delete them

/ now it is adding tags in search but not adding them to the admin panel that remains blank so there is no way to edit anything / right mess
    Last edited by Pete Young; November 26, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Guru
    Update - with so many errors in this plug-in I have decided to just dump it until a new version comes out, I have a tag called lost and found and it finds 37 listing of which only one is lost and found, the rest have the word "and" in them and although i do not have single word selected in admin the search makes the whole system redundant as it stands. will send a note with errors to flynax and wait for a fix if any.

+ Reply to Thread