+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not Working on Localhost

Hybrid View

Not Working on Localhost

Hello everyone haven't posted for a while. Can someone please tell me how to get v4.3 to work on localhost? I followed some instructions here on the forum, installed xamp and ioncube and the installation went through flawlessly but when I try to load the front end and admin with the url localhost/filename I am being redirected to www.localhost.com/filename// and like I said I am doing this locally.

Still no help on this topic?

Hello Kemoid Wilson,

We apologize for the delay with the answer.

The xammp should be configured to work with 8080 port and 127.0.0.1 ip

Please make sure you have something like
    <VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerAdmin flynax
    DocumentRoot "C:/xampp/htdocs/flynax"
    ServerName flynax
    ##ErrorLog "logs/dummy-host2.example.com-error.log"
    ##CustomLog "logs/dummy-host2.example.com-access.log" common
    </VirtualHost>
    in xampp\apache\conf\extra\httpd-vhosts.conf
    and

127.0.0.1 flynax

in your hosts file on disc C

While installation there should be no www enabled for site and everything should work properly. If you have some questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your response

After doing that I am still being redirected to www.localhost.com/flynax when I enter localhost in the browser

If I edit .htaccess file and change the Rewritebase to /flynax I get this error The requested URL /flynax/index.php was not found on this server

If I don't edit it I am redirected to www.localhost.com/flynax// when I enter localhost/flynax in the browser

Usually the htaccess shouldn't be changed.
    After configuring xammp where changes are basically in a couple of files which are httpd-vhosts.conf and httpd.conf in xammp > apache > extra. The version of apache should be 2.2 but if the version lower than 2.2 there should be changed only 1 configuration file.
    After that you should upload script files in xampp > htdocs > script folder (flynax, for example). When you go to domain in browser and during the process of installation you shouldn't enable the www prefix

Thanks again,

I finally got it to work. Now admin is working okay but I am getting a license violation error when I try to load the front end. My ip is 127.0.0.1 and its on 80 port so I don't know why I am getting this error. Could you please help

Hello Kemond,

Please try to print:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    on index.php file in top of the file. What IP will show.
    Also print port:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    it should be 127.0.0.1 and port 80 or 8080
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

+ Reply to Thread