+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Parent showing in drop down of. admin panel>categories

No Parent showing in drop down of. admin panel>categories

No parent list showing in drop down in the admin panel> categories.
    Any one have an idea regarding this, it shows the listing type "Boats" but not the parents.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by William Hull View Post
    No parent list showing in drop down in the admin panel> categories.
    Any one have an idea regarding this, it shows the listing type "Boats" but not the parents.
    Can you provide me a cPanel/FTP login details and your domain name to my PM?
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

cPanel/FTP login details sent to your PM.

Thanks William.

Hello William,

I've fixed this issue.
    If somebody have same issue, that you can use the following solution to fix it:
    1. open file: /admin/controllers/categories.inc.php (~1168)
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    2. replace to:
    PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

The parent categories now show on the drop down so thanks for that, but there seems to be a problem now adding new categories and parents. I have tried to add a new category to Boats>Sail>, but once I add a new name under Sail it shows up under its own with no parent. I have tried to recreate a few different ways but does the same thing. I'm not sure but the change has seemed to affected the category listing set up.

William

Hi Curtis,

It seems to allow me to add a new category to the parent Boats>Sail, but once I go to Admin>Categories>Edit a Category. then tick "Allow users to add subcategories" & "Include subcategories" then it changes the new category back to a new stand alone with no parent. Seems the change to the code has change the operation of category set up.

William

Quote Originally Posted by William Hull View Post
    Hi Curtis,

It seems to allow me to add a new category to the parent Boats>Sail, but once I go to Admin>Categories>Edit a Category. then tick "Allow users to add subcategories" & "Include subcategories" then it changes the new category back to a new stand alone with no parent. Seems the change to the code has change the operation of category set up.

William
    Can you post a screen with an issue?
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

4 images. The first is admin panel showing the "test" and "test subcat" after adding the new categories, all normal and also how it looks on the site. Once I tick under "test" parent "Allow users to add Subcategories" to moves the category "test" into its own title and away for the main parent "Sail". 2 images showing the admin panel and frontend site after I have ticked " Allow users to add subcategories". This has only happen after the change to the drop down box.Parent test.jpgParent test frontend.jpgafter ticking allow users to add subcaterories.jpgAmin panel after allow users to add subcategories.jpg

Hello William,

I've made some changes, you can check it again.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

Sorry to say but still the same. When ticking "Allow users to add subcaterories" it takes the new subcategory away from under the parent and makes it its own Parent.

+ Reply to Thread