+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Parent showing in drop down of. admin panel>categories

Quote Originally Posted by William Hull View Post
    Hi Curtis,

Sorry to say but still the same. When ticking "Allow users to add subcaterories" it takes the new subcategory away from under the parent and makes it its own Parent.
    I've restored it, you can check.
    Also i'm sorry, but i cannot reproduce this error for fixing of it.
    Try explain me step by step how i can get this issue (screenshots will be good).
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

I have attached 3 images, first is the ideal layout of the "add a listing" section. It shows under the boats category select of "Sail" then the boat brand (high lighted) "Adams", then the model of boat "10". Under each select screen it has "Click here to add a subcategory to the "Sail" category. Then "Click here to add a subcategory to the "Adams category.

But after the change to the drop down in the admin panel, I can no longer make it work the same way. Image 2 show that I have added a new category (in admin panel) to the "Sail" category called "Test" with a Subcategory under
    "Test" called "subcat test". At this point all is working ok but I have only allowed "Click her to add a subcategory to the "Sail" category, but once I tick (in admin panel) "Allow users to add subcategories" and "Include Subcategoreis" to the "test" category the whole thing goes wrong. It moves the title "subcat Test under the main (first) Select and not under the Test category. image 3 shows the change.

Hope this makes a little sense.

William

First image show the correct layout on add a listing.jpgSail test test subcat before - allow user to add subcategory.jpgAfter - allow user to add subcategory tick and include subcategory.jpg

Thanks for screens. We've found one issue about parent categories and it will be fixed in next version.
    Also i've made some changes, you can check it.
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

Hi Curtis,

Not sure how you did the set up in the system with the test category and Sub category along with "allow users to add subcategory" as it was right. But when I did a retest of setting up a new Category under "Sail" it showed or had the same problem as the last emages that I sent you.

I did notice once I created a new category under Boats>Sail, named Test and it show up in the right area but when I reopened the category in admin panel named Test it then showed at the top of the page that it had no parent attached. I think at this point is where it becomes its own parent.

I have attached images to show in admin>categories>add a category to show what I'm seeing.add a Category under Boats - Sail - Test.jpgtest shows no Parent but has been saved under the parent Sail.jpg

Before the change to the drop down in Seach I have been able to add alot of categories and subcategories all with "allow users to add subcategory". Seems like there is step or coding that defaults the category to its own parent as if starting from the beginning.

Sorry to be a pain with this one.

William.

Hello William,

I have fixed the problem on edit category page with auto select parent category. Please check.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Hi Viktor,

Linking categories is all now working ok, but back to the orinial request of "No Parent showing in drop down of. admin panel>categories". This was the first problem of categories not showing up in the drop down, Curtis got this to working but then created the problem with linking of categories.

Before no categories show in the drop down, but they now do but drop down window doesn't open up. I have attached image to show.Drop down of parent list not working..jpg

Thanks for the support.

Hello William,

I have checked your site and I see drop down list width categories in search box for Admin Panel. Please check it again.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

All Good,

Thanks Viktor & Curtis.

+ Reply to Thread