+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Language translation

Language translation

Hello. Maybe in the next revision of the script you will add a option to sort the languages phrases by NEW type becouse as it is now it is a nightmare. Each time when i install a new plugin, new phrases are created and mixed with existing ones and i have to go throught 3000+ already created becouse the admin area has no type of sort by plugin or by new added.

Hi,
    I have recently added a new language and I think you can find your new phrases this way, although it would be better to sort by date.

After you had added a new plug in or more phrases to one of your languages.

1. First you need to compare both of them for 'missing phrases', starting with the language with new content.
    2. then you import missing phrases from the first languages to you second.

Now to find these new phrases, you just compare them both again but for 'exact matches' and it will show the phrase's that you have just added.

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Campbell View Post
    Hi,
    I have recently added a new language and I think you can find your new phrases this way, although it would be better to sort by date.

After you had added a new plug in or more phrases to one of your languages.

1. First you need to compare both of them for 'missing phrases', starting with the language with new content.
    2. then you import missing phrases from the first languages to you second.

Now to find these new phrases, you just compare them both again but for 'exact matches' and it will show the phrase's that you have just added.

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Steve
    Thanks for your sugestion - i already know that way but want that the process be simplified. A simple sort by plugin or by date would solve this issue.
    With default way (as you mentioned) i had often poor or non working comparation. I mean in english i would have 3000 phrases and in second language 2500 and when compared, kept receiving the message that there are no differences. So i had to check all manualy each time until i said stop, deleted the second language and translated directly the english phrases and all is fine except the fact there is no sort like in other applications like ilance for instance.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; August 21, 2014 at 08:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread