+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Different submit form for same category

Different submit form for same category

Hi, im wondering if it is possible to have different submit forms for the same category type depending on the account type.

Here is want I want to do, I am using the pets template and this is for adding pet services. so for example, if a new user wants to add their pet grooming service to my website they can select either a silver and gold business account.

I want the silver business account to be able to just add their basic business information, but if you have a gold business account you can add the same basic information plus a lot of extra additional fields.

Im not sure if this is possible, I can only build one submit of for each category or subcategory, so each account would have to fill out the same submit form and fields when adding a new listing.

Is there any way to achieve what im looking for.

Regards
    Eddie

Hello Eddie Barron,

We are sorry but software don't have this function.
    I suggest you submit ticket and our staff help you with request.
    Thanks.

Ok Dmitry, thanks for clearing that up

Regards
    Eddie

Guru
    Eddie, you can look at things like, giving a standard listing over a featured listing (which will show higher) you could also grant more images to be posted along with video as well, another thing that can be granted would the ability to cross post to other categories with that listing.

So a liver business could be

a standard listing that allows 3 pictures and thats it

and a gold listing could be

A featured listing (shows above standard listings) that has 9 image spots, allows videos and can be cross posted into 3 categories.

Another option is to allow access to top level categories by gold members and only allow lower levels to silver ?

by this lets say you have a category

Animals & Pets (gold only)
    - Pet Grooming (gold, silver)
    - Pet Food (gold, silver)
    etc

You can then set the categories in all the same then in the top level / gold add your additional fields ( you would also allow for this group to cross list in other categories )

Not the best example but it will allow you the same categories as such but different fields, and rather than gold silver i would tie this in with a standard listing and a featured listing type option.

If I now had a featured listing i could list at top level with more fields and cross list below as well, with ads that stick to the top.

Only an idea but good luck with your site.
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 19, 2014 at 02:08 AM.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your suggestions, I have the site setup as you have mentioned above with the standard and featured listings.
    I just had the idea of been able to offer businesses the ability to put up a lot more information on there listings (compared to a basic listing like opening times, special offers etc..
    I think it would be easy to sell this type of listing for a small yearly price when it is compared to what information you can put on a free basic listing.
    For now I will offer the main listing to all businesses until I can get a lot of traffic to my website, I can review it then.
    Thanks again for your help

Regards
    Eddie

I have been thinking of something similar recently. As i have a auto website, where dealers will have and use far more information on stock than the private advertiser.

I think a good addition to the script would be in edit field type to be able to select an option to choose which account types can use which fields when adding listings.
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

+ Reply to Thread