+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Optional fields

Optional fields

Hi. I have a problem. How can I create optional fields in submit listing form. For example- when I click on button RENT, then there opens optional fields like - RENT TIME FRAME? I tried it with DATA ENTRIES, but nothing, I can`t figure it out. Maybe I need to turn on or off something? Help me. I added a screenshot as well, if something is not clear. Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guru
    Go to the flynax downloads section and download the version of the guide for your account and then set into to search listing fields, this will go through and explain it in detail in what is needed, if you still have problems from there then yell out.

I downloaded Listing Submit Form manual, and of course I read that, I tried, but sorry I still can,t figure it out. Can someone write step by step, what I need to do, to get the field options as in the picture above? Thank You.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitalijs Rozenbergs View Post
    I downloaded Listing Submit Form manual, and of course I read that, I tried, but sorry I still can,t figure it out. Can someone write step by step, what I need to do, to get the field options as in the picture above? Thank You.
    Vitalijs - if we were to write it out step by step, you would be reading the same manual as you have read, so rather than that I will show you how the picture works and then you may be able to copy that example and see how you go.

I will post back here shortly for you.

Vitalijs - sorry for the delay, I will show you how the example you showed exists and you can go in and see how it works and from there you can make and add your own options.

Starting with the first picture locate the category that you wish to edit and choose the build a form / build a submit form option, you can see in the common group the rent time frame option which would have been dragged and dropped from the Field list options box on the right.

rent time.jpg

The listing field is managed or created in the listing Fields tab above categories / here you can add new listing Fields or edit existing ones by selecting the edit icon

rent time 2.jpg

once inside the editor you can add edit the Field items to suit.

rent time 3.jpg

If you follow these links and examples above you can then create your own field listings and add them, the same principle also applies to your other form options as well.
    Pete
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 1, 2014 at 02:20 PM.

I think you didn,t get me write. i need when i click on rent then should open rent time frame in submit form, how to do that? Thanks

Guru
    can you show me some links or better explanation of what you want to do please.

ok I see what you mean but I am not sure how they have done that ? going to need somebody smarter than me to answer how they have made that work, if i find the answer I wil post it up
    Last edited by Pete Young; July 2, 2014 at 05:15 AM.

I have field - PROPERTY FOR, with field options SALE, RENT, and SHARE. I want that when I click on option RENT, then should open optional fields with RENT TIME FRAME. It only needs to show when I click on RENT?

I was also looking for something like that but i don't think it exists, it was for car registration, for example " Is the car registered" if you click yes another field appear below it to enter registration number if you click no then nothing should appear.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitalijs Rozenbergs View Post
    Hello Vitalijs Rozenbergs,

The rent time frame is system field of the Booking plugin.
    If you want add it that you need install this plugin.
    Check it -> http://www.flynax.com/plugins/booking.html
    Thank you, Curtis.
    @Flynax Company

+ Reply to Thread