+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Search by distance

Hello Wei,

Obviously, we don't want things like gumtree, we only want the search by distance plugin to have the listing type sorting option. As Nicolae pointed out in his 1st post.
    But you can do it in search box. When you installed the plugin you can see new fields in search form: 'zip code' and 'distance'. Please try to find the fields in search forms.
    Viktor,
    Flynax technical department,
    Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Hello Wei,

But you can do it in search box. When you installed the plugin you can see new fields in search form: 'zip code' and 'distance'. Please try to find the fields in search forms.
    Hello Viktor. I do not use for instance a search box. i have in left column the new Category selection as a block and below the Search by distance block.

Search by distance must give results based on the category from wich you launch the search by distance. Imaginary example: if i have as first level category Auto, second level is Coupe, Cabriolet, Truck etc and 3-rd level is Audi, Mazda etc.

When i am in Auto, i should get as search results only the listings from Auto category + any subcategories that Auto may have
    When i am in Coupe (second level), i must get listings only from Coupe and it's subcategories
    When i am in Audi (3-rd level) from Coupe (second level), i must get listings only from Coupe wich are Audi.

On short, we must get results only from the category in wich you are (and launching the search by distance) and from it's childrens. Not from all the categories in the website.

Hello Wei,

You are right Viktor,

But some people they don't use the quick search box. Also, even if they use it, there isn't a nice radius circle that you can drag to increase decrease radius.

Hello Wei and Petrache,

We created additional box we inserted new fields in search form but you want more I think it looks like customization. Of course we will add new functions which Petrache wrote in 1-st post.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

The function that i requested is the one around wich the addon shoulded been built from. i just added a left column block (wich the script allows without customisation) and reported that is not working as it should. Anyway, i am glad to see that the bug will be fixed, even if you see it more like a customisation.

Hello Wei and Petrache,

We created additional box we inserted new fields in search form but you want more I think it looks like customization. Of course we will add new functions which Petrache wrote in 1-st post.
    Hi Viktor,

Yes, we just want it to work as Petrache wrote in 1st post. For user to be able to choose whether the search will show pencil or paper, not both, or all. That way, he/she can see the type of listings they want to, not all of the listing.

Thank you

Hello Wei,

Yes we will add new functional in next version of the plugin.
    Viktor,
    Best wishes.

Thanks Viktor,

That's a great news

Hello, I have troubles with this plugin, I need user can search by category or fields and add a search by distance filter, but actually is returning all data. In the plugin description says:

"Integrated into the main search form"

But in my case is not working or I don't know how to properly integrate it with main search form. Can u help me please?

Ej: If I put in home filter Nationality = Argentina this will return only Viola, it is correct, but when you go to search by distance and puts spain and 17600 it returns all data, missed the filter of nationality.
    http://aroundme.es/

I would like, in the search result the posibility of filtering by distance and in search by distance page had the filter module as done in the category pages, so when user gone to search by distance page he could filter by listing data too.

How to modify Seach by distance? Instead of by country, i want to change it to by City or by Province. Anyone can help me? thanks in advance.

+ Reply to Thread