+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

hi, thanks for your reply. it happens, if i create a new listbox and place it at the "home" site. if i than change this listbox in admin backend to gridview, all thumbnails of this listbox appears for a second and than disappears... but if i choose the normal view (list view), everything is fine.

ok. i don't use this feature sa can't confirm it. John will take care of it eventualy. it would help him to make a movie with jing for instance to see it in action.

since we are here, i can throw in another bug. i have the featured plan disabled in admin. but, i can create without a problem a featured block and place it on homepage (This should not be allowed to do it since the featured plan is disabled). in adition, since the plan is disabled, the homepage featured listings shows a message like "No ads, click here to add one". So if i click on it and create a listing, from that area, i should expect that my ad to show in the block. Same as anyone on this world. But, that will never happen since i can create just regular ads. In other words we have a nice loop wich is confusing to users and all of this becouse the script doesn't know to hide the relevant fields/blocks when we disable a feature. So, maybe flynax team will add it for the next revision of script (remains to be sean, since i mentioned previous about the 3 types of location blocks when creating a listing and the end result is not much improved so far).

I noticed when share a listing link on Gplus or facebook the images never appear. Looks like some sort of problem with the image container. These social sites can never display the image of the shared links

Flynax team did a needed step in the proper direction by hiding the step of Plans when we create a listing, if we have only one plan. But, why this was not finished in all directions? I creaded a listing wich expired. Email arrived and all fine. If i click to see the listing i get the message that the listing is inactive/expired, wich is ok, but, below i have the link to renew the listing wich leads me to Select a plan....The same thing happens if i click from my user account-my listing on the renew listing. I land again to the Select the plan. This is wrong, becouse i have just 1 plan. The moment i click on any of those, the listing should be renewed automatic, without the Select a plan showing.

From my point of view, in My listings, we should not even see the Renew button untill the listing enters the 5 days of warning that the listing will expire.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 22, 2014 at 08:16 PM.

another bug. if i set up the title to be composed of 150 characters for instance, i can see just a part of the whole title in list mode
    (just the first row), but i can see it complete in grid mode + listing details. so, please fix the list view mode to show it complete as it should. thanks
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 31, 2014 at 05:10 PM.

here is another bug wich is from the main script i think

http://general.demoflynax.com/admin/...listings_quick

you see in that a specific order of the fields

now, look at http://general.demoflynax.com/listin...h-results.html

you will see a totaly different structure.

in adition, you can activate block "Refine search" in any page, including homepage and unless you show it in Listings, you will see

Untitled.jpg wich is confusing. Took me a while to understand why that happened in my website. Since we are at 4.3, i would expect to have such functionality bugs resolved till now...

since we are at main script bugs, here is another

http://general.demoflynax.com/austra...ed-search.html

click on categories and you will see a mambo jambo of categories.

i think that we all agree that we should see the categories exatcly in the order in wich they show in home page or any left block or dropdown, with a different background for 1-st level or some distance to show that x,y,z links represents subcategories of A main category (like books)
    can be done with different collor or

Books
    - Accessories
    - Audiobooks
    - Children’s Books

Electronics
    - Car Electronics
    - Cell Phones

- represents a blank space becouse the forum can't save it properly
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 31, 2014 at 06:56 PM.

It will be nice to use different banners in dependence of resolution of the browser.
    If browser had a resolution width x1=<browser resolution<=x2 then to activate box A1
    If y1=<browser resolution<=y2 then activate box A2
    If we use in long top ad 970x90 or 728x90, from desktops it had a good design. But if load the page from mobile device then width of browser will be 970 or 728 or equal with banner width if it is bigger as mobile device browser's width. With this way we can activate other boxes for tablets or smartphones. If browser's width is smaller as 728 then we could use a banner with 300x250 dimensions or others.

I have a huge request for developers. On my site some categories doesn't require a price field for ads. Jobs categories, resumes. And price is not required field if user don't want to provide it. And in flatty template if price is not provided then in listings pages in right of the big picture box will be shown title, condition, description, and visitors must scroll in that box to read. This is very ugly. From mobile devices also design is ugly if price is not provided in the ad. Could you correct this please. If price is not provided to use some custom message like - "This ad doesn't had a price" or something like that, what adminitrator want to show.

+ Reply to Thread