+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    yep. something like in ilance would be best
    Yes, we already thought about it, now choosing the better track system, could you show the "ilance" website?

John

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Yes, we already thought about it, now choosing the better track system, could you show the "ilance" website?

John
    I can't provide more details since the area is passworded and available only to registered memnbers, but here it is as look

Untitled.jpg

and here is the logic

This should be like this

You have a webpage Issues in wich you have several posts, 1 for each revision of the main script + 1 for each plugin.
    inside each of those posts you can see

Untitled1.jpg

meaning that you can post a new bug/request/suggestion and you will actualy create a new post inside of the original post. those can be filtered (as bugs/posts/suggestions) and in function is similar to what flynax has as the support ticket.

any new post (bug for instance) will have replies from developers or other users who can confirm the bug. If a sugestion/reguest is made, that is discussed and if the users agree on issue and developers will like it, they can mark it as flagged for future, meaning that in the next version will be implemented.

The issues in green are the fixed ones.

Another good thing in ilance is the issue tracker, meaning that when a bug is fixed, it will have a revision number and if you access it, you can actualy see wich code is changed/added and in wich file so you can apply it anytime, without the need to wait for the main script to be updated for instance.

I bet that there are others examples but ilance system does the job pretty well (Thanks Peter for this) (and once again, sorry i can't provide more images regarding this)

IE8 bugs:

1. floating sticky bar (with search button) is not sticky. it goes up with the rest of the page
    2. homepage carousel (featured) shows 1 item per run instead of 5 as in chrome
    3. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/books/ try to use the "Sort by" - chose any type and you will get Undefined page + red 404 error message. in chrome it works fine.
    the x (close sign) on the 404 error message (as well on any popup message) is ugly, with dark margins, as the rest of the png's that i mentioned in a previous report - why didn't you fix the transparecy for all the png's used in the script?
    4. when you expand the search bar, we do not see "Keyword Search" text as we do in chrome
    5. all the dropdowns have a issue. you click to expand and it shows the dropdown for less than a second, than it colapse back. you have to click a second time to have it actualy expanded.
    6. when you upload images to a listing, you have bellow some icons. the bin is perfect, the description pen is again ugly, with black margin.
    7. when you upload a video the left icon is nice but the hover version is again ugly (PLEASE FIX ALL THE ICONS so i do not have to ckeck 10 times the icon issue. THANKS) Attachment 983
    8. in listing details page, you have the seller block in right side. on it there is a contact with a envelope as icon. icon is ok but on hover we have again an ugly icon.
    9. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/electronics/ . we land in list mode. Now, change to grid and see the lovely result. Attachment 984
    in http://general.demoflynax.com/listings.html we have 2 columns instead of 3 and at the bottom where the listings ends, we have a mess
    10. in the previous link, we have list/grid mode and beside we have the brand new MAP button/function. when i click on it, i get Attachment 985
    so i have on map just 1 listing, even if i have 8 listings in reality. since we are at 1.3, this shoulded be working till now. if is not, remove it since is not helping the users. we will look like amators.
    11. this is not just in ie8 . the old counting Attachment 986
    we see 38, 38, 38 and at last filter we see 35...so 3 are gone with the wind. I reported this issue and Viktor if i recall well said that there is no issue. once again, here is a proof that there is a bug regarding counting (as well from your demo as you can see ), so maybe you will deal with it. or, John, please tell me as well that there is not bug/or you can't replicate it and i will stop complaining about this.

enuf for this night. will resume tommorow.

BESIDE THOSE, THIS IS THE UPDATED LIST OF ISSUES (will try to post them all in one reply).

1. SCROLL.jpg

- please remove the -Select- from the category selection - we should see just the categories (if you remove it, we will lose as well the bug in wich we can click on select and the "Next" button turns green and we can move forward - when in reality we will be pushed back, in a loop)
    - in ie8, you have to increase the height of the scroll bar and move it to the right edge, same as in chrome/firefox

2. condition.jpg

we have now the proper filters for price (price-ascending + price -descending).
    please do the same thing for the Condition, meaning Condition (Used) + Condition (New) so that users whould know what the filter will do

3. drop.jpg

in ie8, the dropdwn bug is still confirmed. you have to press twice to have the dropdown expanded (instead of once as in chrome/firefox)

Attachment 938

we should have a + instead of that bar wich doesn't express properly that is the expand and that there are more options. Another solution would be to have a sliding bar like we have in multifield block. Users must recognice instant a option, not guessing that it may be something else in addition to what they see.
    we could have as well words Expand -when menu is collapsed and Collapse - when menu is expanded.
    or, we could have + sign
    I am aware that you may consider this a personal preference but try to see it from average pc user view

5. hover.jpg

on hover, the icons are ugly in ie8 (as so many others so please, make an efort and fix them all so i will not have to check each one of them)

6. price.jpg
    when on 0, the price must look the same as it does when it has 1-100 for instance, so it must be expanded

7. this time i did not installed plugin Location on map so instead, i used just the multifields from wich i have added Country/State/ City. When the listing is finished, i have the same blank box for location, but, if i click on the box, the map expands to full page and shows the proper location, as stipulated in the submit listing. John, you said that my Google Map api code was wrong, so i change it and i have the same issue. So this was not the issue, thing confirmed when i change the template to general green, where it works just fine.

How can we have the old map from general green wich doesn't expand on full screen in new page and wich allows zoom from the box itself?
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 17, 2014 at 07:51 AM.

please see previous section

8. print.jpg

i have clicked on Print page and i see some issues:
    - the image from print page is not the first image from the listing (it is the second one)
    - not all the fields show - i have description field (Descriere), and that is not showing at all in print page.

9. images.jpg

again, the image sizes. in any responsive design, all developers do not increase the size of original image becouse it will look pixelated/blured. so why did you use this bad aproach?
    as you can see in image, the 240px width has a bigger image than as in +720px. things get's even worse on 320 or 480px where the image is increased by 30-40%. This is so wrong and should not work like this.
    The 240px should show a slightly smaller image to fit in.
    The 320px should show the same image size as in 720px (default) and in case of 480px, we should have a slightly smaller image than in the case of 720px + have 2 columns instead of 1 as it is now.

in adition, the 240px size should show a slightly smaller image to fit in and we should see the stars + favorites/compare +date, one under the other, not all in 1 line becouse the date can't be sean. This is responsive mode in the end.

10. categories.jpg

please remove the display of categories in 2 columns for mobile devices when resolution is lower than 768px. it is wrong to show partial names of categories. users can't guess what each partial title mean becouse nobody has categories titles composed of 3-5 characters. see how it looks even with your demo.

11. footer.jpg

the same ideea as in 10. applies for footer links. we must not have any cut off links

12. compare.jpg

unless i miss something, in mobile device, the compare is not working. i add items to compare and then? i can't find any button/flyout for the actual compare like on desktop

13. Please add grid/list view modes as well for Recently added page

Attachment 959

for me at least, the new listing details page is uglier and not so practicle as the old one. in the old one we have on top tabs and when you click on each tab you get the proper information. in the new design, i see tab Listing and beneth nothing since i do not use (like many others) the fields group. so, if the fields group are not used, than the Listing tab should not exist, becouse there is nothing beneth.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 17, 2014 at 12:09 PM.

see previos points.

15. add listing.jpg

in mobile, when creating a new listing we have an horizontal overflow (scroll) that should not exist. please remove it

16. plans.jpg

the plan page is not ok in mobile. we should see the block and beneth Standard listing +/- Featured listing and after all we should see the second type of plan.

as it is now, we see 2 columns, the first 1 is fixed with wasted space in sides and between rows and the second column with Standard/Featured is Crushed in the right side

17. use map.jpg

use map location should show in 1 row. the search module should show beneth, in another row (to prevent the ugly look that we have now)

18. steps.jpg

in add images page, the steps are not ok

19. video.jpg

in add video page, once the video is added, the pages is wider than it should be and a scrollbar apears and olso the Next step button is moved outside of the screen
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 17, 2014 at 12:32 PM.

see previous bugs

20. advertise.jpg

since you forced the advertise block down on our throats can you at least fix it so that is shows complete and not cut off like in image? we would apreciate it.

21. a fast fix please for

another area where the webpage closes by iteself....

i have a listing that expires. i received the email

when i click on the link i get 404 error message? Attachment 963

First of all, i should not see such error message. I should see the message "Please login if you wish to renew/upgrade the listing" or similar. IS SO WRONG to show a user a page not found when all he did was to follow the link from the email. In fact, if the user have followed a email link to perform an action, he shoulded be login automatic, withut the need of inserting username and password.
    Second, if i do nothing on the page, the page will close by itself after 10-20 sec. I have made a movie just in case and i found interesting that with the jing recorder, the webpage closed much later, like 50-60 sec.

Hello

I brought this to their attention by ticket 1 month ago. No answer. And sometimes i get visitor sending email complaining about it. They get confused
    22. all listings.jpg

the back to previous level of categores is still not fixed.

access http://general.demoflynax.com/listin...ren-s-clothes/ and you see in left block "Clothing and Shoes". click on that and you will land to it's parent "Clothing and Shoes" http://general.demoflynax.com/listin...ing-and-shoes/ but beyond that you can't go back, to the root of categories wich incorporates "Clothing and Shoes" , meaning "Listings" http://general.demoflynax.com/listings.html

23. upgrade.jpg

Upgrade to featured shows wrong in left column. should show in right, like in the pc

24. my listings.jpg

in my listings page, the icons are placed wrong. leave the dropdown in one line and move all the icons in a second line, beneth.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 17, 2014 at 12:54 PM.

John, i see that you released a new revision (1.4) so i checked some of the bugs and sean that they are still present.

Can you please reply for each bug report to know what is fixed and what is not? I would apreciate your efort.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 20, 2014 at 04:13 PM.

this is a brand new bug, introduced by the latest 1.4 revision

i create a listing and now, the multifields fileds shows just fine. than, i go and check the listing and now, from the listing fields i can see just the second level from multifields + posting date of the listing. beyond that, all the fields are gone.... This is so nice.

details.jpg

I also have found three "bugs"?! If i choose "grid view" for listing box, the thumbnails of the ads at frontend disappears. Checked with all responsive templates. Everwhere the same. Anyone else have got found this "bug"? Second one, i don`t know if it is a responsive template bug, but street view doesn`t work in ad view. Nothing appears. Also i have seen, that my zipcodes in ad view have got a comma...all look like 8,000 instead of 8000. I have downloaded the templates today, so i think it will be latest 1.4 revision too.
    Last edited by Cammie Bradford; May 21, 2014 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cammie Bradford View Post
    I also have found three "bugs"?! If i choose "grid view" for listing box, the thumbnails of the ads at frontend disappears. Checked with all responsive templates. Everwhere the same. Anyone else have got found this "bug"? Second one, i don`t know if it is a responsive template bug, but street view doesn`t work in ad view. Nothing appears. Also i have seen, that my zipcodes in ad view have got a comma...all look like 8,000 instead of 8000. I have downloaded the templates today, so i think it will be latest 1.4 revision too.
    hello Cammie. Can you post a image of the issue and can you tell us if this happensin the demo? i tried now the http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/home-and-garden/ and all looks fine when changing grid/list views.

+ Reply to Thread