+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Hello everyone,

I've read and tested bugs from 20 pages in this thread and found still working bugs which were fully described in a file for developers. Now we will have to wait for fixing, I think it shouldnt take much time.
    Thanks everyone, I'll keep you informed in this thread.
    Hello Valerie
    What is the status on the bugs?

Here is another test of a serious bug

In admin, we do not use fields groups. We place only some fields directly in the order that we want, they will show just fine when we create the listing but when we check the actual listing, we will see just some of the fields that we selected, some that have not been selected do show which is wrong and even worse, field description does not show at all.
    I need fast a solution to fix this bug. It not acceptable to have such functionality issues.

Untitled.jpg

I have a observation as well (kept it off for a long time)... Why don't you modify the admin area to show only the functions that are available for a specific template? For instance, i can set up a block in admin area to show in "Left" and in General responsive will show in right side because that template knows only right side. Or the image gallery settings that we have in admin which do not apply in front. There are many things like those. If i will make a clean install of general responsive i want to see and have a fully functionality of the functions available for that template. I do not like to have hundreds of settings and in reality have just some applied for the template that i downloaded and use. I understand that you have to cut costs by having the same script in essence but with a slightly difference as look but, in this case, make it properly. Thanks

One week passed and no fixes...

Another issue. Stop opening each search into a new page! In which major website you have sean that a user search for a item and when he clicks on the result is thrown in another page? We should have improvements over competition, not countless issues. Thanks

All the bugs should be fixed and I'm following all the issues but for now John is working on android app and version 4.4 so it takes much time.

For the bug - in the flatty template listing details are in a "common" section by default (though there is no displayed section) so if you're not using field groups all the fields will be shown in one section. When you add any field group, fields in it will be displayed under the 'Listings' tab.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    Stop opening each search into a new page!
    Isn't it comfortable to see the result in a new tab and then close it to see other results not searching them again?

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    All the bugs should be fixed and I'm following all the issues but for now John is working on android app and version 4.4 so it takes much time.

For the bug - in the flatty template listing details are in a "common" section by default (though there is no displayed section) so if you're not using field groups all the fields will be shown in one section. When you add any field group, fields in it will be displayed under the 'Listings' tab.

Isn't it comfortable to see the result in a new tab and then close it to see other results not searching them again?
    Last year flynax proundly anounced several time that a responsive version would be released by the end of the year. So now we are 11 months away from that. I am pretty p.... off becase i've taken from granted that and worked based on that template just to see that i have lost at least 1 year (based on what you say now) because of the professional way flynax deal with this. When you jumped on board this forum and attacked responsive thread, you have said that you will check each bug and assign them to several developers. Now it seems again that only John is "several developers". Encouraging....

For the bug - i have no active fields groups and from all the fields that i have loaded and which show just fine when creating the listing, just second level of multifield shows in listing details page (This happened before i started the work on this page). The rest does not, not even price. I specified this bug months ago in this thread and nothing was done. This happened in a untouched script, just upgraded to 4.3 from 4.2.

Isn't it comfortable to see the result in a new tab
    You actually reinvent the wheel and not in a good way. All we want is to have the functions and functionality used widely in the whole world. Or should we be the ones to teach the users that flynax way is best for them? Gumtree, olx ebay and pretty much the rest of the world opens the content in the same page. What will happen is that the user will start a new search in the new page that has opened, instead of closing it, because this is how it works in the world and this is how the users learns and expects to work.

Last night i have looked at the alternatives to flynax and i was quite surprised what they offer (since i purchased your script), most of them for free or less than 100$. I have found even with 1 page create listing or account (for which flynax asked 1000$ to make it so 2 scripts value because it is so complex to do it) , proper renew of ad and others. Flynax script looks more professional, with countless options which in the end we do not use or do not work properly - search is the biggest one. To me looks to be a decision soon by going with flynax all the way or start again with a free or less costly script which has the basic functions of a classified script working for real.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; October 27, 2014 at 06:27 AM.

Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    One week passed and no fixes...

Another issue. Stop opening each search into a new page! In which major website you have sean that a user search for a item and when he clicks on the result is thrown in another page? We should have improvements over competition, not countless issues. Thanks
    this is an option for other areas of the site so maybe it could be applied to search as well ?

AP > Common > Configurations > Listings > Open listing details in a new tab
    The feature allows users to open listing details of a particular listing in a new tab of browser. Your
    users might find this feature useful when browsing multiple listings.

I did read that there will be an update soon. 4.4 or 5.0 that will solve many of the problems mentioned in this thread.
    How far have you got with this and when do you think you can release this update.

Sincerely,
    Khaled

Hello Khaled Chammout,

The update will be approximately next year, unfortunately we cannot tell the exact date yet. As soon as we'd get the date, we will inform our customers about it

How is the bug fixing progress on general flatty? I'm thinking of using it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Fixed

Fixed

Fixed, now it looks like this: Attachment 1076

John
    I John, I hope you are still doing great and well, I just wanna let you know that Im still interested in this fix of plan page. Also, would it be possible if you released a new general flatty with all the fixes.
    I cant keep track with the version anymore because now it doesn't show version: 1.4 or 1.x
    Thank you

Guru
    Can I ask because I am unclear, does the current flatty template have all of the known bugs and errors fixed in it, or do we need to wade through all of the known errors one by one to fix them ?

If it needs to be updated when will it be done by and when will the latest version of flynax be released ? We keep hearing stories and promises of these things happening and cloudy responses as to when they will happen.

The reason for asking is I want to upgrade but also do not wish to waste my time and or money paying to upgrade then having to pay to further fix things as they should be and then paying again to update to another just released version (People need some clarity of what when and where here), google now lists sites as mobile friendly or not, I am now told that the standard templates now show as not mobile friendly making them outdated at best, even though they have a mobile extension / so as I see it and I may be wrong we all need to upgrade or suffer the longer it goes with traffic falling away as giggle tells them not to worry about coming over.

I am also a little unsure as to why these templates are classified as premium where in most every other case / web site theme including other classifieds have flatty themes and are now common and the main template for most people moving forward. Time we kept up with the pace here as well please guys. Please update us.

Thanks
    Pete

Edit > I do now have some mobiles showing the site as mobile freindly / so trying to work out what causes some to show OK and other not so.
    Last edited by Pete Young; March 20, 2015 at 03:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread