+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: General Responsive template

Hello Guys,
    We have update the General Flatty template to 1.3 version, the almost bugs listed in this thread were fixed.
    Looking forward to new bug reports and many thanks to Petrache for the help with testing.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Hello Guys,
    We have update the General Flatty template to 1.3 version, the almost bugs listed in this thread were fixed.
    Looking forward to new bug reports and many thanks to Petrache for the help with testing.

John
    I woulded apreciated at least to tell wich bug is fixed or not. Or should i do again the check for each bug?

I can tell you right now that the biggest bug, regarding multifields is not fixed. Have made a new clean install with latest template revision and nothing is changed. First level will not show and becouse of this you can't select level 2. i've said countless times that this bug apears only in new responsive templates. If i activate general green, the bug is gone. You reguested the login data and i have provided all the info so you can do what you want to have this stupid bug fixed. so, will this bug be fixed or i am wasting my time for nothing?

I can tell olso that you can select first category "(wich is locked) and than the second level menu apears (for subcategories) and you can click on "Select" from the menu with the subcategories. This should not be allowed, becouse you will spin in circle. You click on "Select" and the button turns green and you can click on it and if you do, you will be returned to select main category.

will look later at the rest of the fixes to see what's fixed and what is not.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 13, 2014 at 03:22 PM.

The "<---A (main category) - back to Level 1 category" link was added to the latest level because
    once the user reached that level he don't see sub-categories deeper and that is why we navigate him back.

Anyway I suggest using the updated filter plugins (http://www.flynax.com/plugins/catego...html#changelog - see version 1.2.0)
    which now may handle "Categories" field and finally it looks like this:Attachment 981

John
    i don't think you understanded the area with the issue.
    In the new responsive templates, you created a new type of block wich exists outside Category filter plugin. This block will show the categories of the website, when you are in grid/list pages. The missing arrow has to be applied to this block.
    How do i know that it has no connection to Category Filter plugin? Simple...if i switch to general green template, the block will stop working properly and olso, if i disable/delete in general flatty the installed addon "Category filter", the block will still show.

in ie11, the login box, once opened (so you can enter the data) has the facebook button outside partial login.jpg

this may apear (will check later in ie8 to confirm), becouse in my language Login is Autentificare, wich means that if the button has longer text than x characters, the facebook button should move on a new row, bellow, and both should be centered horisontal.

the same issue is confirmed for ie8
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 14, 2014 at 04:53 AM.

IE8 bugs:

1. floating sticky bar (with search button) is not sticky. it goes up with the rest of the page
    2. homepage carousel (featured) shows 1 item per run instead of 5 as in chrome
    3. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/books/ try to use the "Sort by" - chose any type and you will get Undefined page + red 404 error message. in chrome it works fine.
    the x (close sign) on the 404 error message (as well on any popup message) is ugly, with dark margins, as the rest of the png's that i mentioned in a previous report - why didn't you fix the transparecy for all the png's used in the script?
    4. when you expand the search bar, we do not see "Keyword Search" text as we do in chrome
    5. all the dropdowns have a issue. you click to expand and it shows the dropdown for less than a second, than it colapse back. you have to click a second time to have it actualy expanded.
    6. when you upload images to a listing, you have bellow some icons. the bin is perfect, the description pen is again ugly, with black margin.
    7. when you upload a video the left icon is nice but the hover version is again ugly (PLEASE FIX ALL THE ICONS so i do not have to ckeck 10 times the icon issue. THANKS) hover.jpg
    8. in listing details page, you have the seller block in right side. on it there is a contact with a envelope as icon. icon is ok but on hover we have again an ugly icon.
    9. http://general.demoflynax.com/listings/electronics/ . we land in list mode. Now, change to grid and see the lovely result. grid.jpg
    in http://general.demoflynax.com/listings.html we have 2 columns instead of 3 and at the bottom where the listings ends, we have a mess
    10. in the previous link, we have list/grid mode and beside we have the brand new MAP button/function. when i click on it, i get map.jpg
    so i have on map just 1 listing, even if i have 8 listings in reality. since we are at 1.3, this shoulded be working till now. if is not, remove it since is not helping the users. we will look like amators.
    11. this is not just in ie8 . the old counting count.jpg
    we see 38, 38, 38 and at last filter we see 35...so 3 are gone with the wind. I reported this issue and Viktor if i recall well said that there is no issue. once again, here is a proof that there is a bug regarding counting (as well from your demo as you can see ), so maybe you will deal with it. or, John, please tell me as well that there is not bug/or you can't replicate it and i will stop complaining about this.

enuf for this night. will resume tommorow.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    I woulded apreciated at least to tell wich bug is fixed or not. Or should i do again the check for each bug?

I can tell you right now that the biggest bug, regarding multifields is not fixed. Have made a new clean install with latest template revision and nothing is changed. First level will not show and becouse of this you can't select level 2. i've said countless times that this bug apears only in new responsive templates. If i activate general green, the bug is gone. You reguested the login data and i have provided all the info so you can do what you want to have this stupid bug fixed. so, will this bug be fixed or i am wasting my time for nothing?

I can tell olso that you can select first category "(wich is locked) and than the second level menu apears (for subcategories) and you can click on "Select" from the menu with the subcategories. This should not be allowed, becouse you will spin in circle. You click on "Select" and the button turns green and you can click on it and if you do, you will be returned to select main category.

will look later at the rest of the fixes to see what's fixed and what is not.
    Hello Petrache,
    Regarding multifields bug, please submit a ticket and Mike will look into the problem deeper.

John

We have found the problem with the multifield plugin on the profile/registration pages, here the fix:
    1. Open the file: /templates/FLATTY_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/reg_account.tpl
    2. Find code: {rlHook name='tplListingFieldSelect'}
    3. Replace with: {rlHook name='tplRegFieldSelect'}

John

We have found the problem with the multifield plugin on the profile/registration pages, here the fix:
    1. Open the file: /templates/FLATTY_TEMPLATE/tpl/blocks/reg_account.tpl
    2. Find code: {rlHook name='tplListingFieldSelect'}
    3. Replace with: {rlHook name='tplRegFieldSelect'}

John

Hello John. The mulltifields shows/works just fine in register, without the fix. Always had. It is not working when you create a new listing. Another confirmation that is a responsive template issue since it works in all areas except create a new listing.

i forgot about the User account where is not working as well. sorry but i lost track of the bugs (since we had so many)

UPDATE
    This has been fixed now in my website via ticket so i assume that the fix will be incorporated in the new template revision.
    Last edited by Petrache Nicolae; May 17, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

I wish if there was a proper bug management system to see all the bugs in one place, and have the ability to report new bug, add comments and check what's fixed and whats not.
    Currently reported bugs are scattered across multiple posts and it's hard to find out what's been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade H View Post
    I wish if there was a proper bug management system to see all the bugs in one place, and have the ability to report new bug, add comments and check what's fixed and whats not.
    Currently reported bugs are scattered across multiple posts and it's hard to find out what's been fixed.
    yep. something like in ilance would be best

+ Reply to Thread