+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Auto Responsive template BETA2

I was thinking the same thing. If all of us pool together and pay to create a custom template it would be cheaper and we could all install it like we did with the new template flynax created.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    this is great. we shoulded had this from the begining to prevent any false reports of bugs due to incompatible version of script.

as a first remark, you should apply the setting from http://www.flynax.com/forum/showthre...=8803#post8803 becouse the thumbnails looks blured on responsive
    The settings already applied in the demo, could you explain in details which images are blurred? Is it mobile grid of listings?
    Also I already replied to the similar post in other thread, here my reply:

>>On the retina displays (or any displays with pixel ration > 1.5) the high resolution pictures
    >>load only in case if you are on high speed internet connection because the high resolution images are heavy and load not fast.

John

the main featured carousel doesn't have any left right controls - buttons as it should so that the users can skip forward and backward, as we have in red auto for instance
    Attachment 864
    We decided to remove "next/prev" controls because user can simple click to necessary thumbnail below.

Attachment 865
    carousels should have the ability to stop play on mouse hover. if you set it to 2-3 sec becouse you want to display as many ads as posible, you will have problems without this feature.
    after me, we should have infinite ads as on ebay -home page or http://codecanyon.net/item/draggable...review/3956741 (shown in vertical mode instead of horisontal) or http://codecanyon.net/item/ajax-infi...review/4754634
    Stop on mouse hover is good idea, we will apply it to the next plugin update.
    About infinitive grid, it is too specific feature and to be honest I don't think it is useful in classifieds website.
    Probably we will develop the separated template with such grid in future but not in flatty template.

Attachment 866
    if we have just 1 type of listing type, the area marked in photo must be hidden becouse there is nothing to be selected
    It was fixed in beta3.

BETA3 will be released at the end of this week.

Attachment 867
    If i do not make any mistake, wasn't we told that the number of steps was decreased in this new template? most of us requested 1 page so our request was not considered (even if this was the perfect ocasion to implement this requested feature). beside this, the old bug of a number of steps shown initialy and another once you start the process is still present. we have 3+done wich turns into 5+done.
    We planned to decrease the number of steps but it wasn't possible to do by changing the template files only,
    it requires to make changes in program core as well. That is why we will work on it in the Flynax 5 only.

Also about 3+done and then 5+done, the total count of steps depends of category and plan selected, that is why
    the you can see final steps after the second step only.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The settings already applied in the demo, could you explain in details which images are blurred? Is it mobile grid of listings?
    Also I already replied to the similar post in other thread, here my reply:

>>On the retina displays (or any displays with pixel ration > 1.5) the high resolution pictures
    >>load only in case if you are on high speed internet connection because the high resolution images are heavy and load not fast.

John
    in pc mode, grid view, images are 190x131.
    in mobile, grid view, images are expanded to the width of device - 320px or 360px instead of remaining the same 190px and beeing centered

use firefox developer responsive tool to see it

About infinitive grid, it is too specific feature and to be honest I don't think it is useful in classifieds website.
    Probably we will develop the separated template with such grid in future but not in flatty template.
    John
    i do not understand why you consider it to be a specific feature. right now, our interest is to serve the users a way to see as many featureds as posible, since people pays for their ads to be posted on home page. i prefer always the featured from ebay (or from examples i have provided) instead of the regular carousel. they are modern and offer one big advantage on pc/tablet. you scroll down and the ads pile up, remaining all visible. you can see 50-100-200 ads on the page instead of just 8-9 in carousel

We planned to decrease the number of steps but it wasn't possible to do by changing the template files only,
    it requires to make changes in program core as well. That is why we will work on it in the Flynax 5 only.

Also about 3+done and then 5+done, the total count of steps depends of category and plan selected, that is why
    the you can see final steps after the second step only.

John

now remains to be sean if you will make the proper step and create the 1 page submit page (ajax driven or not).
    you could make a pool and see if the users prefer 1 page submit form or the present system wich shows 3 steps and than converts in 5+ (since you say that our requests are important and you apply them if we wish them).

Quote Originally Posted by Hareesh Ghanta View Post
    Hi,
    Flynax is really great software and lot of potential and you can do many things.Many small websites/vendors are doing great even though they dont have the much functionality because of the very good UI.
    This theme much better than any of the older themes.I liked it.Still lot can be done.I don't mind paying if you have a great theme for this some thing like WordPress themes,Joomla themes.etc.Price would be shared by the members who wanted that theme.This way you can hire good guys and make us growing.

Regards

please use this thread just for reporting issues/bugs. you can create a new thread regarding custom template. thank you

now, location....

i don't know how this works for you, but for me or any user is a nightmare. why?

Attachment 868 Attachment 869Attachment 870Attachment 871

i have selected first of all USE MAP LOCATION -wich worked great. my pc location was found ok
    below, in location area, i selected AMERICAN SAMOA + ALABAMAM.
    below, i selected USE ACCOUNT ADDRESS

So, by default i was able to select 3 types of locations, totaly different (since the data specified in my account is UNITED STATES, Chicago, 22 W. Washington, 60602. This is so wrong!!!!!!! In the actual listing, i have as location
    Country American Samoa
    States Alabamam
    ZIP code 45.674
    Country United States
    City Chicago
    Address 22 W. Washington

Now, check how is done in mercador.ro for instance

Attachment 872

Location is as fields, when creating an listing (same as yours). BUT, once you filled those fields just 1 time, the data is stored automatic into your account (image 1). Further, the location/contact data autopopulates all your future listings (as you can see in image 2, unless you specify in your account that you do not wish to use the account address. Olso, when creating any listing, even if the fields are autofiled with your account data, you can still change any of fields.

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. SO, your solution compares with mercador's solution? unfortunaly not.

The simplest solution would be to hide automatic Location area if the user activates USE MAP LOCATION since now that area seems to work properly.
    Or if somebody has other sugestions, i would love to hear them, becouse this function can't remain like this. IT'S UNUSABLE AND ADS CONFUSION TO USERS, DRIVING THEM AWAY.
    We improved the Location section a bit:
    1. now the State/Region field depends of the country selected, US states appears for US country selected, else you have text field.
    To have this featured you will just have to create new State/Region text field with key = region and add to submit forms.
    Make the field as google map field.

2. "Account address on the maps" if enabled the fields became disabled to not confuse users, now location data takes from account.

3. Now connection between map and location fields, we will update the Location Finder plugin and after it this section will much more clear for users.

John

We improved the Location section a bit:
    1. now the State/Region field depends of the country selected, US states appears for US country selected, else you have text field.
    To have this featured you will just have to create new State/Region text field with key = region and add to submit forms.
    Make the field as google map field.

2. "Account address on the maps" if enabled the fields became disabled to not confuse users, now location data takes from account.

3. Now connection between map and location fields, we will update the Location Finder plugin and after it this section will much more clear for users.

John
    what about "USE MAP LOCATION"? since it detects location of the pc, can it retrieve the proper data and autopopulate complete address like state, city, street and show those in the whole script? and if we use this feature, will it hide the rest of location data as i mentioned?

Hard to follow this thread ;-)

For the adress fields from users and listings, I, for example, have opened a custom ticket explaining what I want and flynax will custom it on my site this week. It is normal that the script or templates can not be 100% ready for all of us.
    It is the same with every predefine stuff you can buy. Even with a wordpress template on themeforest, it maybe cost 50$, but you'll have to spend lot of time to custom it or pay someone to custom it for you.

+ Reply to Thread