+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Auto Responsive template beta!

Wink Feedback on Auto Responsive template beta!

Hello dear

I am one of who have been testing new Auto responsive template, and I can report it still needs alot work and more time.

1. First of all, I use RTL (Right to left) language, and the new responsive template is not supporting it, as far as I have tested it.

2. Apache and Java Errors, too much.

3. Listing details view page, for me, its so confused (visitors or the buyers dont know where to focus. At all, the services who use this template wants their visitors to focus on details that can it possible to sell and buy.

4. Gallery inside listing details, not working

5. Cant add any listing on front-end, just via admin. Can only be able to add new listing if you chose Autos on main Menu, then chose a category, then add a new listing from link provided there.

6. Too much free space between listing details page fields and functions.

and here is what I like:

1. The new slider, perfect
    2. The new featured cars listing box
    3. The new view of recently added, all listing etc
    4. The new main menu
    5. New Search
    6. New view of body style.

Here is some tips from me, for listing details view page:

There should not be too much free space between map and fields, map and the field right of image gallery.

Here is how I wish Listing View Details page should look like.
    Its simple, clean and good focus on details.
    finallllll.jpg

Or See the picture full size

Its my opnion, what do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Maaz Surchy; February 23, 2014 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Full size image

Happy to see that i'm not the only one with these errors.

On big screens, on the homepage, the search form will not show everything but stay with fixed size and give a slider. It is strange to have a slider for the search criteria, but not that big issue, I can take the minimum number of fields.
    On the detail page, same for the block on the top right (car characteristics). Could be nice to have the possibility to make it bigger myself.

But, these 2 issues are not that important, can live with them.

Not being able to select a category, missing pictures and empty tabs, this is really a problem. Did you know it'll be like this when you released it or it is a surprise?

And the "advanced search" hyperlink looks strange on the homepage on a PC.
    Last edited by Matthieu Kauffmann; February 23, 2014 at 08:18 AM.

well, at least you did see something. i have general and when i changed template i got blank page with MYSQL text. and that's all. i had to hit back to the browser to change back to default template but this coulded end so wrong. i tested previously other templates and they work fine even if they are not general so this one is quite a special one.

and to make things worse, i have now 6 new blocks wich i didn't create and wich can't be deleted becouse they are system? (listing_type_categories,account_alphabetic_filter ,account_search,account_page_info,account_page_loc ation,my_profile_sidebar).

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    and to make things worse, i have now 6 new blocks wich i didn't create and wich can't be deleted becouse they are system? (listing_type_categories,account_alphabetic_filter ,account_search,account_page_info,account_page_loc ation,my_profile_sidebar).
    Congrat Petrache
    Cheers.

P/S: I hope you did make a backup that you can restore to its working condition

New image added.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Hong View Post
    Congrat Petrache
    Cheers.

P/S: I hope you did make a backup that you can restore to its working condition

actualy i didn't. who woulded belived such issue. anyway, this seems to be a bad joke. responsive was first advertised to be done till new year. than it moved over and over and now is almost 3 months later and we have what? an early beta with plenty of issues as i can see from the remarks here. i may be harsh but how can you release something that doesn't allow to add a new listing? did anybody tested the workflow at all? at the present speed, we will have a working script with templates and plugins maybe in summer or later.

Hello Guys,
    Thanks for the feedbacks, we did one mistake in the template configuration and it was resulted to some of errors
    you listed here, please re-download and upload the template to your server and run the following queries in your admin panel >> database:
    DELETE FROM `{prefix}blocks` WHERE `Plugin` = 'responsive_42';
    DELETE FROM `{prefix}hooks` WHERE `Plugin` = 'responsive_42';
    DELETE FROM `{prefix}lang_keys` WHERE `Plugin` = 'responsive_42';
    DELETE FROM `{prefix}config` WHERE `Key` = 'responsive_42';

After that let's continue fixing the problems.

John

i have already manualy deleted the blocks from phpmyadmin, but anyway, thanks for sharing the info in case others needs it

Hello,

Much more better. I can see the pictures and post new ad now.

But now, I don't have the "seller info" tab anymore. I liked this tab.

+ Reply to Thread