+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Auto Responsive template beta!

Hi there,
    We are working on the bugs fixes and improvements of responsive template now; taking into account the feedbacks of our anger Petrache
    I hope this week we will present beta 3 or release version of the template. Thanks all for feedback and assistance!

John

Thomas,
    I think this problems was fixed in Beta2, also the you may increase/decrease the size of all fonts by playing with
    font-size property of body tag style in style.css file (at the beginning)

John

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Petrache Nicolae View Post
    1. footer area. in pc looks ok Attachment 834, with 3 columns, but on responsive we have a mambo jambo of links Attachment 835
    this looks very nice for users.... flynax team, please look in themeforest.net to see some decent design regarding footer....for instance http://themeforest.net/item/jeweller...review/7000576 where in responsive, the columns turn into a accordion menu. another ideea would be to keep the columns as they are since they are lower than 320px and display them as blocks, one under the other
    "mambo jambo of links"... sounds good, btw on the sample (themeforest) you show us, they use "mambo jambo" style at the very bottom menu as well
    Anyway you are right, two columns of the menu in mobile view and single column in too narrow screen looks better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

3. multifield filter (based on states/cities). Attachment 838 in pc the 2 rows are joined together, the button is a little biger than the 2 rows and to make things worse, after i select a state (first row), the layout of dropdowns and button changes into Attachment 839
    It will be resolved in next multiField plugin version

Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    "mambo jambo of links"... sounds good, btw on the sample (themeforest) you show us, they use "mambo jambo" style at the very bottom menu as well
    Anyway you are right, two columns of the menu in mobile view and single column in too narrow screen looks better.
    i have told you to take a look at responsive themes in themeforest to see better implementation for the footer links. like i'v said, it can be done via accordion menu for footer links or by showing them as blocks, one block under the other. "mambo jambo of links" ix exactly what i have right now Footer.jpg
    this should not look like this, considering that are at least 2 alternatives that i mentioned already.

from the example i've shown, you took the part that is the less relative to our case, to bottom footer links wich are not important. in that theme the actual footer area is the one on top, with 4 major blocks (Information, Extras, My Account, Contact Us) Footer1.jpg wich groups proper links for each block. that looks clean and perfect for any new user and in responsive mode converts into easy to use and great look via accordion menu. Unfortunaly, i can't say the same thing for the footer area from your theme, as it is now. Don't get me wrong. we have the flexibility to have such footer by chosing what pages/links we wish to put on footer, but have no control of them. Viktor did a customisation for me in 4.1 wich allowed to do exactly this (chose the position of any page/link in any column/row from admin area) and that was great. For me is not a big deal since i will convert my footer anyway via hardcodding, but as always, is better to have the flexibility delivered by the script and not by hardcoding.

2.login area. great on pc Attachment 836, not so great on responsive Attachment 837. we shoulded have the same popup window or if that is not possible in mobile devices, use center aligned texts and olso HAVE THE FACEBOOK LOGIN. why is that missing in responsive?
    It is bad practice to use popups on mobile view and that is why sometimes we replace them with links to pages where the user
    may do the staff much easily using whole screen size. In our case it is login page, see the screenshot.
    Also about text align in the header, once you have more then one language the right part uses for Languages Selector
    and in this case we can't align it center. Anyway we aligned it center if you haven't more then one language.

John
    Attached Images Attached Images

Petrache if you want the accordion footer menu, it doesn't mean that we will include it in template, you should understand it.
    Also you should be more polite in your posts on the forum because 80% of your post are partly negative.

Thanks!

4. create a new listing is not working Attachment 840
    i do not see any + to select subcategory and even if i select a main category wich is not blocked, i still can't move forword.
    what's with the selection dot .
    Looks like it is some javascript error on the page, check it in fire bug or just submit a ticket, we will check it.
    It works properly for me in my working version.

when you have just 1 type? why does it show? can i select something else? NO. that has to be hidden if just 1
    Yes you are right, we have to hide the radio selector if there are only single type of listing. Fixed in next update.

John

Hi John

For the new flatty theme

Could anyone please tell me which file i need to edit, to remove the image slider (the preview image on the bottom)
    Home page edit.jpg
    and change the size of the search bar?

Thanks,

5. search bar, in responsive, is visible in homepage, but after you select a category the search bar is gone? Attachment 841 . search function is the most impoertant feature of any classified auction website. IT MUST BE VISIBLE ALWAYS

6. we select category and see a list of ads and in right side we have grid/list view (ok) and now, olso, we have location on map? Attachment 842 . if i recall well, that was a separate plugin, allowing us to use it or not. now that is gone and idin't see an option to disable this feature.
    About Keyword search, don't agree with you. There are many important thinks and it doesn't mean that we have to stick it on all pages.
    About listings on map view, it is integrated in the template and if you use this template you may uninstall "Listings on Map" plugin,
    it is enough logical I think.

John

+ Reply to Thread