+ Reply to Thread

Thread: expired featured

expired featured

i have a featured ad wich expired. the user get the email
    Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    if i click on that link, i land on a page that has a big red box wich tells me that the requested page was not found and below i see the login form.
    if your script doesn't login automatic the user directly from mail link like other scripts do, you should change that error message into something like "please use the login form below to login".
    a fix for this bug please

I had a ticket on this for a long time ago and the answer was someting about security. So I ended up with a message in the email form "You need to be logged in" but it's a shitty solution. My proposal was to send the cookie with the link, should be so hard ey?

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Bohman View Post
    I had a ticket on this for a long time ago and the answer was someting about security. So I ended up with a message in the email form "You need to be logged in" but it's a shitty solution. My proposal was to send the cookie with the link, should be so hard ey?

//Morgan

excuses excuses. Flynax team, use mercador.ro and check how easy a account is created, how an listing is added in 1 page and how user can take actions directly from emails like renew ad, reply to messages, promote etc. you click on a button and you are loged in directly into the proper area. there are milions of ads in this website and no one has complained about security issue. should we secure as well the users emails just to be safe or is the user responsability to take care of his email?

+ Reply to Thread