+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bootstrap Theme for Flynax...

Master
    Hello Petrache,

Id like to briefly say that anything is possible with flynax script.
    But for someone with no programming knowledge, unfortunately - impossible.
    The Flynax team also makes everything possible - of course against payment.

I would rather pay for a plugin rather than additional programming more useful features directly in the script.
    That should be free programmed in a fully functional script.
    Especially since i was shocked at my last request - $110 i should have to pay if i did not programmed itself.
    There were only 10 lines of code for this customization. But OK.

Therefore, there is no developer manual for flynax script.
    It's all about money. But it is also understandable.

All hope and suggestions in relation to Flynax 5 will not be realized by flynax team.
    Sometimes i have the feeling that they are simply ignored.

This is also reflected in the 4.2 version.
    Existing error of 4.1 were adopted and new problems were added.
    The work flow at Flynax seems to be chaotic.
    I'm just saying it is a disgrace that was delivered there.

For inquiry in the forum it says only open ticket or the server configuration is the problem.
    But the problems are most other nature.
    All Customizations must be rewritten in current versions.
    That can not really be. That is a cost circulation.

A fully functional script. with all the features that provides the competitors can prevent something like this.
    Listen and realize what customer requests can prevent something like this.

Regards
    Steffen

Master
    Hello Kemoid,

The example I gave is great because it fits multiply display and it eliminates the need for a mobile version of the original website which in my case has errors like the main website.
    Precisely this example also shows the following.
    The script will be slimmer, because much can be deleted.
    Especially this extra mobile part

Regards
    Steffen

Master
    Hello Guys

I have started for test with the bootstrap template.
    Here are two examples of bootstrap code:

1. Keyword Search Block ( keyword_search.tpl )

Bootstrap Code

ksearch.png

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    2. Language Selector ( lang_selector.tpl )

Bootstrap Code

lang-open.png

lang.png

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    Regards
    Steffen
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; December 30, 2013 at 08:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steffen Buschkemper View Post
    Hello Petrache,

Id like to briefly say that anything is possible with flynax script.
    But for someone with no programming knowledge, unfortunately - impossible.
    The Flynax team also makes everything possible - of course against payment.

I would rather pay for a plugin rather than additional programming more useful features directly in the script.
    That should be free programmed in a fully functional script.
    Especially since i was shocked at my last request - $110 i should have to pay if i did not programmed itself.
    There were only 10 lines of code for this customization. But OK.

Therefore, there is no developer manual for flynax script.
    It's all about money. But it is also understandable.

All hope and suggestions in relation to Flynax 5 will not be realized by flynax team.
    Sometimes i have the feeling that they are simply ignored.

This is also reflected in the 4.2 version.
    Existing error of 4.1 were adopted and new problems were added.
    The work flow at Flynax seems to be chaotic.
    I'm just saying it is a disgrace that was delivered there.

For inquiry in the forum it says only open ticket or the server configuration is the problem.
    But the problems are most other nature.
    All Customizations must be rewritten in current versions.
    That can not really be. That is a cost circulation.

A fully functional script. with all the features that provides the competitors can prevent something like this.
    Listen and realize what customer requests can prevent something like this.

Regards
    Steffen
    First of all i have olso noticed an increase of prices for any customisations. i guess is a new trend. Second, even if there are things that i do not like, the flynax script/team is way way over ilance, an script that offers bigger posibilities but has even worse issues at a huge price compared to flynax script. as for customisations prices i can provide 1 example. when i buyed the ilance script, it didn't had a image viewer. so i asked the price for adding anything and the price asked was 500$!!! of corse i can give example from flynax where i was told 800+$ for a ajax one page submit form (wich we should had from the beginning). but, in the end, flynax script and team are way more flexible than others. and i have worked with oscommerce, opencart and magento as well.

regarding the lack of developer manual, that is unforgivable since in the end, how many of their customers do know how to program a specific feature. css changes and maybe light changes i belive that can be done by few customers, hard codding is done only by you (as far as i've seen), so what competition do they have? none. in the end, 99% of the customers will hire them to do any changes, even if is a css change or a 3-5 line codding. that is why this is unforgivable.

"A fully functional script" is a mith. true even for microsoft wich has $$$$$. at least in here, a version of script is working almost complete and the bugs are fixed for free. in ilance, i discover the bugs (for free) and to get a fix maybe in 1 day or in 1 year (yep, 1 year) i have to pay each year to have access to fixes. and olso, the fixes made each week usualy break other functions so in the end is a round circle. like someone from magento said once, by each fix we end up with unsolved bugs and olso with new bugs added to the script. this is valid especialy for ilance (where fixes are done each day) or less valid for flynax where we have new revisions from 6 to 6 months.

to have a real change of progress with fewer bugs, a script should be released as beta, had 10-20 testers to discover any bug, developers should fix all the bugs and when all bugs are fixed, make it public. after that, ask the users what other features do they need, make a list with what will be added, work on it and when all new features are inserted, make a new beta and start again with testing and repeat the process. this concept is missing from flynax or ilance or other scripts. and as a result we have bugs and bugs. anyway, we are waisting our time with this. good luck with the bootstrap and i prey to succeed (you deserve all the credit by the fact that you spend your time and release free of charge your work- this is a rare thing these days)

Master

Let's be honest.
    All customers are Flynax bug tester from the date where they buy the script.
    You can see it here in the forum.
    But if Flynax is not able to fix these bugs and also in the current versions, some of the bugs are still present, then something is not ok in their work flow.
    And at this point, must be changed something.

... 10-20 testers to discover any bug ...
    Is a good idea.
    It's not like we're talking to Flynax all bad.
    We as a customer want also help that the script is better than the competitors...
    But let us stop times to discuss here.
    This thread here is for a bootstrap template

Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; December 30, 2013 at 09:56 PM.

Just to throw something else into the equation.

Currently flynax provide finished themes. My idea is flynax create a very basic theme, with pretty much basic style elements so its very plain looking with limited graphics, style elements and css.

This can be then used as a template base for users to develop their own themes nearly from scratch.

Whether they do this as a responsive design or the normal template design for desktop and mobile or even all 3.

Any thoughts as i will put this idea to them
    New Site: CameraSpecs https://bit.ly/3G4uYA6

Old Site: MotorAdsUk

Master
    Hi Chris,

I am currently building a bootstrap template private for me.
    This workshop is only a quote from me for interested.
    I think that anyone can contribute to this project.

However, myself have only the general script.
    Also therefore this work shop.
    So that the conditions of the other scripts can be included with this bootstrap template.

Of course, a minimalistic template would be an alternative, but some basic knowledge must also be present there.
    However, i would like to take today's opportunities in this theme.

Best regards
    Steffen

I'm thinking of blocks where you actually can insert bootstrap items as they come morely as ready to use. If we could easily insert Flynax code into the blocks or frames, then we could built whatever we want but it is the framework that is important and the ease the customers can add listings and view listings that is important.

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

Master
    Hi Morgan,

Bootstrap includes a comprehensive grid system.
    You have to hold still adjust a few things in flynax script.
    But that's no problem.

I also have added a icon feature for my navigation menu.
    I have added just one more field in add page and a column in the database.
    Now i can create buttons with icons and text in easy way.

The same can i use for the grid system.
    It is more flexible now. Just fantastic, what opportunities are there now.

//Steffen

Sounds great Steffen, soon you have to reveal your efforts. I wish everyone a happy new Flynax year!

//Morgan
    Free Advertising at Fyndklippet.se

+ Reply to Thread