+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quick Search Bug on Home Page = BUG?

You just broke my will to dig into finding a way to fix it Steffen.
    Have you tried creating a ticket about this bug and if you did what did they tell you and when was it? Hopefully they 've been working on this and fixed it. This should be easy for them right? It's nothing big, the same old quick search block on main page.

Either way. I would like to hear from Flynax Dev if they can fix this. So please flynax, let me know. If it can't be fixed. I will then need to go back to 4.1 and start all over again. Because this feature is the basic for all classified scripts and for that reason it is very important to me.

Master
    Hello Wei Hong,

A ticket i have not created yet, because i am currently working local on the script.
    In addition, i find a ticket in this case inappropriate, since it is a bug, that have seemingly all 4.2 versions.
    I have it published here and would like for all to see here a solution for that.

...statements of "There are even more bugs"...
    I also suspect that therefore the demo pages from flynax are not v 4.2 until today.

Best Regards
    Steffen
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; January 14, 2014 at 09:33 AM.

I have created a ticket last night and pray for its solution.
    Honestly, I would really appreciate if any of Flynax officers could give me an official info about this bug. So I can continue working on my project. Would be great if 4.2 work out, or if I had to, I would uninstall 4.2 and reinstall 4.1

As you may notice there is no teaser as in modern templates for search forms, when you first time set template it's supposed to add a box with search form inside. Seems problem on this step.

I will try to reproduce it on my installations and i will get back to you with solution if i will be able to reproduce.

I have looked into it, but i didn't find any problems. As supposed after switching to green template it created correct search box

Steffen
    try to replace file search_block.tpl with file from attached zip (template/tpl/blocks)

maybe it will solve your problem, if so it's already fixed i 4.2 but for some reason your installation don't have correct file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Master
    Good morning Mike,

As supposed after switching to green template it created correct search box
    I know, this is controlled by the settings.tpl.php.

My code of search_block.tpl looks like this:

PHP Code:
    Only registered members can view the code
    actually identical except for the first line smarty code, form action and method.
    I will check your file later and will post here the result.

One more question, why do i get at the backend for flynax blog feed and plugin changelog the following message?
    The same also in plugins tab -> Therefore, no possibility to update and install plugins.

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    In the 4.1 version no problems in 4.2 comes this message.
    Server settings are the same. Nothing changed.
    Problem both locally and online.

Regards
    Steffen
    Last edited by Steffen Buschkemper; January 15, 2014 at 07:53 AM.

It may result from additional checking for resourse avialability which in some cases fails and result to problem.

try to open classes/reefless.class.php find code and remove and comment

Code:
    Only registered members can view the code.
    it should fix this problem

+ Reply to Thread